Michigan wideout Csont'e York facing three assault charges

Sam Cooper
Michigan wideout Csont'e York facing three assault charges

Michigan head coach Brady Hoke announced last weekend that wide receiver Csont’e York was suspended from the team but did not offer specifics. A week later, news of York’s transgressions have emerged.

According to Mlive.com, York will be charged with three counts of assault stemming from an incident that occurred on July 18. Ann Arbor police have not provided details of the incident, but records show that York will be charged with “one count of aggravated assault and two counts of assault or assault and battery,” all misdemeanors.

Hoke said that York’s suspension was indefinite. He did not report for preaseason camp with the rest of the team Sunday.

“Csont’e York is suspended indefinitely for failing to meet team standards and will not report for fall camp," Hoke said in a statement when the suspension was announced. "We demand that every person in our program represent the University of Michigan and the Michigan football program the right way on and off the field. When people fall short of that, there are consequences.”

The 6-foot-3, 191-pound York saw action in just one game last year as a true freshman, but was expected to be in the miss at wide receiver in 2014. A native of Harper Woods, Mich., York was a three-star recruit in the Wolverines’ 2013 class. He picked Michigan over other offers from Cincinnati, Illinois and Syracuse.

For more Michigan news, visit TheWolverine.com.

- - - - - - -

Sam Cooper is a contributor for the Yahoo Sports blogs. Have a tip? Email him or follow him on Twitter!