Welcome to First Look, our daily roundup of early-bird news:
• Four out of six Republicans in Wisconsin survived the recall vote spurred by anger over Gov. Scott Walker's labor policies. (Washington Post)
• The recently discovered tribe of 200 in the Amazon has already disappeared, and the Brazilian government is blaming drug traffickers. (Gawker)
• Philadelphia's mayor has set a 9 pm curfew for teens following a series of "flash mob" assaults. (CNN)
• Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was sentenced to life in prison for sexual assault. (AP)
• Border checks are making it harder for Mexican immigrants to return to Mexico. (New York Times)
• The United Arab Emirates has pledged $1 million to give students laptops in tornado-ravaged Joplin schools. (AP)
Have something you'd like to see in our daily First Look post? Email me.