Welcome to First Look, our daily roundup of early-bird news:
• Don't throw away your Doomsday T-shirts just yet: Harold Camping says the world will actually end in October. (AP)
• New York City officials are developing standardized tests for students that will grade their teachers. (NYT)
• The death toll in Joplin, Mo., has reached 116 as officials fear the region could get hit by more twisters. (AP)
• DNA ties Dominique Strauss-Kahn to the maid who accuses him of raping her. (The Washington Post)
• Air France crash bodies will be identified. (CNN)
• Humanities majors earn far less over their lifetimes than those who major in engineering and the sciences. (Washington Post)
Have something you'd like to see in our daily First Look post? Email me.