Welcome to First Look, our daily roundup of early-bird news:
• The Senate's temporary funding bill does not include money for the health-care law. (WSJ)
• More than half of Americans think federal workers are overpaid. (The Washington Post)
• U.S. executions dropped 12 percent this year. (AP)
• Bill Gates talks education with teachers' union leader Randi Weingarten. (Newsweek)
• The FCC will vote on net neutrality rules for the Internet today. (BBC)
• Jury in a Montana marijuana case "mutinied." (Billings Gazette)
Have something you'd like to see in our daily First Look post? Email me.