Welcome to First Look, our daily roundup of early-bird news:
• U.S. troop drawdown in Afghanistan on track to begin in July, according to a White House review. (NYT)
• Former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson is in North Korea for four days. (CNN)
• Today is sentencing day for "birther" Army doctor who refused to deploy. (AP)
• Schwarzenegger backs plan to turn over failing schools to parents. (Washington Post)
• More questions arise over FBI terror-sting tactics. (USA Today)
• French couples choose civil unions over marriage 40 percent of the time. (NYT)
Have something you'd like to see in our daily First Look post? Email me.