Welcome to First Look, our daily roundup of early-bird news:
• Obama's job plans may include a tax cut to reward companies for hiring. (Washington Post)
• A federal judge put Alabama's immigration law temporarily on hold. (Politico)
• Most U.S. Muslims say they feel targeted by the country's anti-terrorism policies. (AP)
• Hurricane Irene's death toll has risen to 40. (CNN)
• Obama's uncle was arrested for a traffic violation in Massachusetts and is being held on an immigration detainer. (AP)
• WikiLeaks has published 134,000 more diplomatic cables, and this time did not block the names of secret State Dept. sources. (New York Times)
Have something you'd like to see in our daily First Look post? Email me.