Welcome to First Look, our daily roundup of early-bird news:
• Irene has left parts of Vermont and New York severely flooded, but did not turn into a big-city disaster. (AP)
• Travelers are still dealing with fallout from the delays of thousands of east-coast airline flights thanks to the storm. (New York Times)
• But on the bright side, the storm may provide a short-term economic boost. (Politico)
• Last quarter's economic growth has been revised down to 1 percent. (Wall Street Journal)
• A U.S. soldier accused of killing four people and firing at police has been found dead in Pennsylvania. (Reuters)
• A medical research company is suing a former employee for allegedly sabotaging the company's Facebook page. (Courthouse News)
Have something you'd like to see in our daily First Look post? Email me.