Welcome to First Look, our daily roundup of early-bird news:
• Jared Loughner's dad said he chased after his son on the morning of the shooting, when he spotted him grabbing a black bag. (AP)
• North Carolina's school board is ending an economic integration program in schools. (The Washington Post)
• Glock pistol sales have surged in Arizona. (Bloomberg)
• A Chinese bank has opened up trading in the yuan for U.S. customers. (WSJ)
• Obama is preparing to revamp the No Child Left Behind education law. (The Washington Post)
• A meteor strike in Oklahoma freaked out the locals. (WKRG)
Have something you'd like to see in our daily First Look post? Email me.