Welcome to First Look, our daily roundup of early-bird news:
• Hurricane Irene may be a category 4 storm when it hits Florida on Friday. (Miami Herald)
• Allegations of teacher-sanctioned cheating are on the rise in New York City. (New York Times)
• Philadelphia's school superintendent is stepping down with a $900,000 buy-out. (Washington Times)
• The hunt is on for Moammar Gadhafi. (The Telegraph)
• A paper mill spill has caused a massive fish kill in Louisiana. (Reuters)
• Canada plane crash victims were rescued by hundreds of military personnel coincidentally on the scene for a mock airliner crash exercise. (AP)
Have something you'd like to see in our daily First Look post? Email me.
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this post misidentified the plane crash site.