A Liverpool, UK woman learned that eating a triple-patty burger comes with risk of injury when she dislocated her jaw at a local restaurant — but after leaving the hospital, she said she'd return for another taste of the burger.
Nicola Peate, a 25-year-old social media manager, tweeted two weeks ago that she had dislocated her jaw while eating the "Kids in America Burger" at the bar Almost Famous.
Peate told the Press Association she had taken a bite of the burger topped with pretzels and candied bacon when she felt a pain in her jaw. By the next day, the suffering became so severe she went to the hospital to have her jaw re-set, according to the story.
— Nicola Peate (@NicPeate) August 9, 2013
Peate has a condition called Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, which can cause frequent joint dislocations, according to the Press Association. But that didn't stop her burger mishap from going viral after her friend, an employee of the hospital where she was treated, featured her in a press release promoting the hospital's treatment.
Peate tweeted that even as a social media manager, she was surprised the story spread so far. However, Almost Famous needn't worry about bad PR because Peate also posted she was willing to try another bite.
Let's hope she tries a fork and knife next time.