Mike Benzie, Yahoo! Atlanta Editor
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Radio and TV blogger Rodney Ho now has more details on the "Family Feud" filming. The show is being relocated to Atlanta -- at least in part -- to accommodate host Steve Harvey, who lives here. The show was filmed in Orlando last season.
The show will be taped at the Atlanta Civic Center. The website On Camera Audiences shows taping and ticket availability from July 7-15 (some dates already have wait lists). But that seems to have been extended since Ho's story early Thursday, so there could be more tapings added. Being an audience member "is free but you have to be at least 16 years of age," according to the AJC.
Auditions for families to be on the show are being held at 11 a.m. or 4 p.m. June 26 at the Civic Center. There are also auditions in Green Bay, Wis., and they held auditions last weekend in Los Angeles.
Here are the details on tryouts, according to an e-mail sent by show organizers:
"Auditions can take up to three hours, all five family members must attend the audition and must be related by blood, marriage or legal adoption. You may bring six family members to the audition if you choose and we will pick the best 5 for the show. You may have already given us a date and time but please make sure everyone is available to attend before you book that appointment time. Once you respond to this email your appointment will be booked and we will send you a confirmation."
Just a quick observation. Imagine being the sixth member not chosen for the show. Anyway, back to the e-mail:
"If you have appeared on Family Feud before you are not eligible to audition for the show, unless it has been 10 years since your appearance. There is no age limit for Family Feud but we do suggest contestants be 15 or older due to the content of the questions. To book an appointment please email us back with the following information:
1. First and last name (the appointment will be booked under your name and we will get the rest of the family's information at the audition.)
2. Contact numbers: (home or work or cell phone)
3. The date and time you would like for your appointment."
Families can also tryout remotely. Video submission instructions are here.
By the way, here are some more eligibility restrictions:
- You must be a U.S. citizen or have permission to work within the United States.
- If anyone on the team knows or is related to anyone employed by Fremantle Media, Debmar-Mercury, KCAL CHANNEL 9, Wanderlust Productions, or any affiliate that carries the Family Feud they are ineligible.
- If anyone on the team is running for political office or has been on more than two (2) game shows in the last year they are also ineligible.