Everyone likes to be stylish, but not everyone has a supermodel's resources.
Crystal's Style Tips
1. Even if you don't have the budget to shop designer, invest in one classic designer bag.
2. Buy the perfectly cut blazer for your body. Everyone knows the appeal of the classic little black dress, but the perfect blazer will take you a long way. Whether you pair it with trousers or a dress, it immediately adds chic to any outfit. If you have curvy hips, opt for a blazer with strong shoulders; it balances the body and adds angles.
3. Want long legs? Wear long pants that just skim the floor. Underneath wear the highest shoes you can walk in.
4. Don't be afraid to shop in the men's section. Sometimes the sizes are better and the fit looser.
5. Buy multiples of whatever works.
6. Accessorize! Use quirky accessories to show personality - whether that is your Grandma's ring or an interesting necklace from your travels. Because I wear so much black, I usually layer on a bunch of rings and my simple crystal necklace to make a statement.
7. For evening, I like drama so I turn to designers such as Zac Posen, who know how to cut for a woman's body and whose dresses scream glamor. Gowns can be very expensive, so opt for a designer's more financially friendly line, such as Posen's Z Spoke. You can save dollars and not sacrifice chic.