Printers tend not to grab the front pages of the Black Friday circulars the way TVs and tablets do. But if you're shopping for a printer, take the time to look inside, because you'll find a few promotions sprinkled throughout the ads. Here are some of the deals we found in recent circulars.
Best Buy: HP Envy 4500 all-in-one inkjet for $50 (regularly $100).
Target: HP Photosmart 5520 all-in-one inkjet for $60 (regularly $130).
- Epson Expression Premium XP-800 all-in-one inkjet for $100 (regularly $280)
- Canon Pixma MG5420 all-in-one inkjet for $50 (regularly $150)
- HP Officejet 6700 Premium all-in-one inkjet for $100 (regularly $170)
- HP Photosmart 6520 all-in-one inkjet for $80 (regularly $150)
- Canon imageCLASS Color Multifunction laser printer (MF8280Cw) for $250 (regularly $450)
One key component seems to be missing from the printer deals we've seen: There aren't many deals for printer ink or toner. I saw one, from Office Max, which had 20 percent off on all printer supplies, including paper, ink, and toner.
A printer's sticker price is generally the tip of the total-cost iceberg, so be sure to check our printer Ratings for calculations on ink cost per month.
Consumer Reports has no relationship with any advertisers or sponsors on this website. Copyright © 2007-2013 Consumers Union of U.S.