Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Try this healthy twist on chicken fingers with a spicy honey mustard dipping sauce! Check out the recipe on Best Bites!
For the bread crumbs
- One 3/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Oil spray
For the batter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard (or any other mustard of choice)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper
For the chicken
- 500 g/1 lb chicken tenderloins (or chicken breast cut into 2/3" / 1.5cm thick slices, lengthwise)
- Oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
- Spread panko on a baking tray, spray with oil (spray vertically to avoid blowing the panko off the tray), then bake for 3 to 5 minutes until light golden. Transfer to bowl.
- Place a rack on a baking tray (not critical but bakes more evenly).
- Place the Batter ingredients in a bowl and whisk with a fork until combined.
- Add the chicken into the Batter and toss to coat.
- Put a piece of chicken into the panko bowl.
- Pat down gently to press the breadcrumbs onto the chicken, then transfer onto baking tray.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Spray lightly with oil. Bake for 10 minutes (if small) - 15 minutes (medium to large)
- Remove from oven and serve immediately, with the 3-ingredient Honey Mustard
Keep you food fresh for longer!
- This article was initially published on AOL.com: Best Bites: Weeknight meals baked chicken fingers