The Australian dollar initially pulled back a bit during the trading session on Tuesday, before finding buyers and reaching to the upside. The 0.71 level being broken to the upside allows this market to go reaching towards the 0.72 handle after that. With that being the case, short-term pullbacks should be buying opportunities and it now looks as if the 0.70 level will continue to be very important from a longer-term standpoint.
AUD/USD Video 13.03.19
That is the beginning of a 200 point range of support on monthly charts, and it’s very unlikely that we break down below there. In the meantime, I look at this market is one you should be buying on dips and picking up little bits and pieces every time you get an opportunity. This is a short-term traders market, forming a long-term traders base. This long-term traders base could open the door to a complete trend change, and quite frankly that’s exactly what I expect to see given enough time. If we get some type US/China cooperation, that should be enough to send the Australian dollar much higher.
On the other side of the equation, we have the Federal Reserve looking to stay relatively loose with its monetary policy, so all we need is a bit of good news to send this market much higher. The 200 day EMA, pictured in black on the chart, will be a major barrier to overcome for the buyers. Once they do, this market should take off.
Please let us know what you think in the comments below
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Crude Oil Price Update – Minor Trend Turns Up, Shifting Momentum to Upside
- E-mini Dow Jones Industrial Average (YM) Futures Technical Analysis – March 12, 2019 Forecast
- EUR/USD Price Forecast – Euro rallies again
- AUD/USD Price Forecast – Australian dollar showing signs of life
- Crude Oil Price Forecast – Crude oil markets continue to press higher
- Pound Climbs on May’s “Improved” Brexit Deal – But Will The Rally Last?