Consumer Reports has no financial relationship with advertisers on this site.
We recently wrote about the Sam's Club pre-Black Friday sale, which took place on Nov. 11. The company has now revealed the deals it will offer on Black Friday itself.
As in the earlier sale, Sam's Club is offering some very big TVs, ranging from 65 to 85 inches. With some of these deals, you'll have to be a member to see the actual sale price and decide how appealing they really are. (A tip of the hat to bestblackfriday.com for sharing its Sam's Club Black Friday ad scans.)
The Sam's Club Black Friday in-store sales begin the day after Thanksgiving, with doors opening at 7 a.m. The stores will be closed for Thanksgiving, but you can shop online that day starting at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. The deals will be good through Nov. 27 or as long as supplies last. Everything in the ad comes with free shipping if it's available online.
So how good are the Sam's Club offerings? Well, we've been tracking all the best Black Friday TV deals, and we'll be definitely be including one or two we're seeing at Sam's.
And if you're heading out to do some Black Friday shopping, check our Top 10 Black Friday Shopping Tips.
Sam's Club Black Friday TV Deals
It looks like Sam's Club might be a good place to shop this Black Friday if you're looking for a jumbo-sized TV. The advertised models this year range in size from a 43-inch HD set all the way up to a jumbo 85-inch 4K TV at what promises to be a surprisingly low price.
Here's a listing of the deals in descending screen-size order:
• An 85-inch Samsung 4K UHD smart TV, $1,200 off the regular price.
This deal, on the Samsung UN85JU7100FXZA, promises a savings of $1,200, though its actual price isn't given. If the promised discount lives up to its billing, then the price should be about $2,600, down from its current price of about $3,800. That would make it a nice deal on a set this big. One caveat: Based on its model name, we think this is a 2015 set. That makes us think it lacks the HDR capability found on newer 4K sets.
• An 80-inch Vizio 4K UHD smart TV, $2,500. This deal, an online-only special, is on a Vizio E80-E-series set, a Google Cast-based SmartCast TV. (Because the ad lacks the final number in the model designation, we can't tell exactly which model it is.) If it's the E80-E3, it's currently selling for $3,000 to $3,100 elsewhere.
• A 75-inch Samsung 4K UHD smart TV plus a 3.2-channel sound bar speaker system, $550 off. This is the Samsung UN75MU630DFXZA set bundled with the company's HW-KM55C sound bar. A price isn't listed, so you'll have to be a Sam's Club member to see whether it lives up to its $550 off billing. The deal is sweetened with a $100 Google Play credit you can redeem online. This TV is a 2017 warehouse-club model that's similar to the UN75MU6300 sets sold at electronics retailers; we saw this set at BJ's Black Friday sale.
• A 65-inch Vizio 4K UHD smart TV for $598. It's the smaller version of the 80-inch Vizio above. Our guess is that it's the Vizio E65-E1 or the Vizio E65-E0, which are both in our TV ratings. (Both had excellent HD scores, but the E1 did a bit better in terms of UHD performance.) The E1 model sells for about $850 right now at Best Buy and Walmart, and for $828 at Sam's.
• A 60-inch Hitachi 4K Roku TV, $498. This TV, the Hitachi 60R70, is another online-only deal. It usually sells for $600 to $650, depending on the retailer.
• A curved 55-inch Samsung 4K UHD smart TV, price not given. This set, the Samsung UN55MU6490, comes with a $30 Sam's Club gift card. Right now the price is available only to members, so you'll have to check its price yourself. Currently this model is selling for $700 to $800 elsewhere.
• A 49-inch Hitachi 1080p HDTV, $278. This model is the Hitachi 49E30, which we see selling for about $330 right now. It's a fairly basic 1080p TV without smart TV capability. We tested this set; it's an okay TV with very good high-def picture quality.
• A 43-inch Samsung 1080p smart TV at a "low member price." Again, you have to be a member to see the price on this set, the Samsung UN43J5201. We don't see this model elsewhere currently, but the model number dates back to 2015. We didn't test this set, but the Samsung UN43J5200 model is in our current TV ratings, with excellent HD picture quality.
More from Consumer Reports:
Top pick tires for 2016
Best used cars for $25,000 and less
7 best mattresses for couples
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization that works side by side with consumers to create a fairer, safer, and healthier world. CR does not endorse products or services, and does not accept advertising. Copyright © 2017, Consumer Reports, Inc.