- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
The killing will continue for assassin John Wick.
The day after Keanu Reeves' "John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum" ended the box office reign of "Avengers: Endgame," winning the weekend with hefty $57 million, Lionsgate announced that a fourth movie is already in the works.
Fans who had been receiving "John Wick" text updates from Lionsgate received the sequel news in assassin-speak Monday: "You have served. You will be of service. 'John Wick: Chapter 4' is coming – May 21, 2021."
Lionsgate had no further details on the sequel, not even confirming that Reeves, 54, will return for a new installment.
But there is little doubt that Reeves will return to a franchise which has put him back at the top of the box office and at the top of critics' lists. "John Wick 3" had a stellar 88% positive review rating on RottenTomatoes.com.
Reeves told GQ he'll continue to do what it takes to continue in the physically demanding role (he killed people from horseback in the "Chapter 3"), as long as fans are along for the ride.
“As far as my legs can take me,” he said. “As far as the audience wants to go.”
USA TODAY has reached out to Reeves' rep for comment.
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: 'John Wick: Chapter 4': Texts to fans confirm the killing will continue in 2021