When a little boy stepped on a bee nest Tuesday and was hit by a swarm of bees, his family’s adopted pit bull dragged him to safety.
Jesse-Cole, 8, his sister Jasmine, 17, and seven other kids were playing in a creek behind their Oregon apartment complex when someone stepped on a rotten log and unleashed a dangerous swarm of bees, Fox 12 Oregon reports. The other kids quickly climbed up the steep embankment to safety, but Jesse-Cole, who was stung at least 24 times, was unable to make it.
“Hades saw me and came and dragged me up to the grass, and stopped and let me crawl on her back and took me to my mom,” he told Fox 12.
The boy’s mother heard the screaming from her car and saw Hades bringing her son to safety. He and his sister Jasmine, who is allergic and was injected twice with an EpiPen were taken to the hospital.
“A couple of these kids could have gotten really sick or died, I’m sure of it,” she told Fox 12.
None of the kids plan to return to the creek.
Read more stories from The Daily Caller