VANCOUVER - A 911 operator has told a B.C. provincial court she took a call from a scared young man who said he'd been threatened for taking part in the Stanley Cup riot.
Spencer Kirkwood made the panicked call two days after he was caught on video smashing a downtown Vancouver store window as onlookers cheered him on.
But the 26-year-old who's pleaded not guilty for participating in the riot told the operator he didn't recall those events of June 15, 2011 after drinking earlier in the night.
The 911 operator says Kirkwood called on a non-emergency line, and court heard the exchange in which he says he is reporting himself.
In the recording, Kirkwood says he spotted himself on video posted on Facebook, that he was very drunk during the riot and is not the type of person to commit such an act.
Many of the 110 people who have admitted to taking part in the chaos that broke out after the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup to the Boston Bruins have already been sentenced.