It doesn’t matter whether you have 30, 15, or five minutes to do your makeup — your efforts should last more than a few minutes before completely sliding off of your face. Though you may have shied away from setting powders in the past (we get it, many of them just make you look cakey and old), times — and these makeup products — have changed. Scroll down for a selection of summer-ready powders that’ll keep your slay in place while delivering fresh and youthful-looking skin.
1. Hourglass Cosmetics Veil Translucent Setting Powder ($46): Infused with diamond crystals to give you that lit-from-within glow, this summer essential is formulated without talc for a flashback-free finish. It makes total sense why this sold out within 24 hours.
2. BECCA Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder ($38): This genius buy is made with 50 percent water and glycerin, so it leaves a mist-like finish on the skin for a dewy, non-cakey set.
3. Urban Decay All Nighter ($34): When you need some serious staying power, try a waterproof formula (inspired by the brand’s cult-fave setting spray) that’ll keep your makeup exactly where you applied it, until you’re ready to take it off come nightfall.
4. Glo Skin Beauty Perfecting Powder ($38): For just the right balance between dewy and dry, this powder will absorb oil and give you more a satiny finish.
5. AOA Studio Perfect Setting Powder ($1): There are five different versions of this setter that work for a variety of skin types. Look for the translucent matte formula once temps really rise or if you have oilier skin. The regular translucent formula pairs well with combo complexions. There’s an illuminating option for a warm-weather glow, a soft light finish, and classic banana for hiding dark circles. At a buck each, how can you go wrong?
6. Marc Jacobs Beauty Finish-Line Perfecting Coconut Setting Powder ($44): Creams and setting solutions seem like an oxymoron, but it’s exactly what this product offers up. Five different kinds of coconut and cocoa butter make for a creamy loose setting powder that’ll keep dryness or chalkiness at bay while giving skin a soft-matte finish for up to eight hours.
7. Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder ($30): The innovative technology used to make this powder shaved off 30 percent of the added weight you’ll find in other setters. Go here if you want something light and airy that doesn’t compromise on efficacy.
8. Osmosis Colour Finishing Powder ($38): If you’re looking to protect against both a makeup meltdown and pollution, try this talc-free powder that’s also infused with green moringa, green tea, and honeysuckle extracts.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.