Have you gotten your fill of free iPhone apps this week? We didn’t think so, which is why we’ve come back to tell you about six more awesome paid iPhone apps that are now free to download for a limited time. Taken together, these six apps would normally cost just under $24 but you can get every one of them free of charge if you act right now.
These are paid iPhone and iPad apps that have been made available for free for a limited time by their developers. There is no way to tell how long they will be free. These sales could end an hour from now or a week from now — obviously, the only thing we can guarantee is that they are free at the time this post is published. If you click on a link and see a price listed next to an app instead of the word “free,” it is no longer free. The sale has ended. If you download the app, you will be charged.
Resume Designer Pro
Want an easy way to make a killer resume while on the go? Then you should check out Resume Designer Pro, which gives you all the tools you need to make the perfect resume and tailor it specifically toward the job you’re applying for.
Produce elegant professional looking resumes/cvs in a matter of minutes! Just enter your resume details once and then Resume Designer enables you to choose from multiple professional looking resume styles. You can then email your resume to your prospective employer or you can print it out directly from the app.
– Choose from 5 sample resumes and 18 professional resume styles (90 different combinations) or create your own in just a few minutes (unlimited combinations)
– The optional ability to add a photo to your resume
– Distinguish your resume from others by adding a cover letter
– Export to PDF and send it directly from your mobile
– Share via eMail
– iCloud support. Edit your resume on any of your devices
– Integration with DropBox, G-Drive, iBook and other apps
– Print directly from your device
– Build multiple resumes with different styles
– Duplicate preexisting resumes and target different employers with different resumes
– Quick start by choosing from a set of predefined resumes (we regularly add new ones)
– In-app tips that provide you with the best resume writing practices
– All texts have been written by English native speakers.
Resume Designer Pro normally costs $6.99 but you can download it for free right now for a limited time.
Normally we’d treat speed reading tutorial apps with some skepticism, but QuickReader has a four-star rating based on 822 reviews and it’s now free to download for a limited time so you really have nothing except storage space to lose by giving it a look.
With QuickReader, you get an app jam-packed with state-of-the-art technology to make doubling… even tripling your reading speed simple, easy, and fun. Like…
• Hands-Free Reading Technology — With QuickReader you’ll never have to fumble to turn the page or endlessly scroll down a screen. When you read the last word on the page, QuickReader automatically turns the page for you.
• Speed Reading Technology — Like pressing down on the gas pedal of a luxury sports car, QuickReader lets you speed up your reading with the tap of a button. Reading faster becomes a fun challenge to beat your last reading time.
But here’s where it gets really good. You won’t have to spend a fortune buying armfuls of new books to keep up with your new speed reading powers. Because QuickReader comes with instant access to over 2 million free books.
With QuickReader, you’ll never be without a great read. Commuting to work. Waiting to pick up the kids from school. Even standing in line at the grocery story.
QuickReader taps into a little known supply of classic books — by authors like Jane Austen, and Mark Twain. All the books you’ve promised yourself you’ll read “one day.”
It’s not just the classics you get with QuickReader. Modern-day stories — thrillers, mysteries, fantasies, science fiction, and more — are there at the touch of your finger.
With QuickReader on your iPhone or iPad you’ll be reading faster than you ever dreamed, with access to the world’s largest bookstore… crammed to the rafters with over 2 million books, and open 24/7.
QuickReader normally costs $4.99 but you can get it free for today only — in other words, if you want to check it out, you should act right now.
Learn Photoshop CS6 Quickstart
You might not be willing to pay for a tutorial to teach you Photoshop on your iPhone or iPad… and thankfully, right now you don’t have to since Learn Photoshop CS6 Quickstart, which will train you in the ins and outs of Photoshop CS6 on your mobile device, can now be had for free.
CREATE STUNNING PHOTOS using the new Photoshop CS 6
In 8 videos you will get a good start at using the powerful Photoshop CS 6.
NO technical jargon used without a simple explanation. More importantly get straight to work doing stunning landscapes.
FREE with the app: Access to amazing high-res pictures (raw files), so you can follow along the retouch process and get the same results !
- Are you tired of all the theory and technical jargon you have to wade through before getting to the point? - Do you want to master the industry-leading digital darkroom in no time ?
- Do you want to see the full workflow of a pro photographer who is specialized in landscapes ?
- Do you want tutorials that are easy to understand and fun ? This tutorial is probably what you are looking for.
Serge Ramelli a French photographer who specialized in urban/landscapes photography over the last 6 years and is known for his very simple way of teaching.
You will find various unique tips and tricks to get the most out of your photos. Serge is a known for his very unique way of teaching, with 2 main rules :
1. No technical terms explained with technical words, but with simple English.
2. No theory, practical and visual examples only.
Learn Photoshop CS6 Quickstart usually costs $5.99 but you can get it for free right now for a limited time.
Tiny Planet Photos
Tiny Planet Photos is a fun little photo app that will take your pictures and morph them so they look like, as the name suggests, tiny planets. This may not sound like much but the examples shown on the apps’s official page show some seriously cool patterns that you can create just by applying this simple photo-altering software to your pictures.
Tiny Planet Photos turns your photos into a sphere so that it looks like a tiny planet. A magical effect that will impress your friends! You can also reverse the effect and create a tiny tube. The app creates stereographic projections, a technique that usually takes a long time to create manually. With the app you can accomplish this in a single tap. A fun app to add to your collection of photo apps.
We’re surrounded by tiny planets, use this app to see the world of tiny planets through your photos!
– TIPS –
• Works great with classic landscape photos, but other types of photos can lead to surprising and exciting results too!
• Get great results by using Tiny Planet Photos in combination with panorama apps like Photosynth and 360 panorama. First make the panorama shot, then import it into Tiny Planet Photos from your camera roll and transform.
• Check out this video for inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOe5mGinVds
– FEATURES –
• Use photos from your camera roll.
• Launch the camera and take photos in the app itself.
• If you have panoramic photos or wide angle photos on your camera roll, you can use these as well.
• Generate a stereographic projection out of your photo: your tiny planet
• The app can also take your photos and turn it inside out into a tiny tube.
• Your Tiny Planets and Tiny Tubes are automatically collected in the in-app gallery: all your planets in one place to view and share (of course you can also delete planets from your gallery)
• Share your tiny planet photos on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, or via email.
• Save your photos to your camera roll.
• For those stereographic projection fans who want a quick way to make a tiny planet, this app creates tiny planets from just one shot. Stitching together multiple photos is not needed with this app.
• Purchase the extras pack for larger and configurable dimensions of your tiny planets and to be able to rotate them!
Tiny Planet Photos usually costs $0.99 but can be yours for nothing right now for a limited time.
Scanbot is a scanner app that’s designed primarily for documents and QR codes that can help you create high-quality PDFs of JPGs of 200 dpi and higher. The app boasts compatibility with Dropbox, Box, Evernote, WebDAV and other popular cloud storage services so you’ll be able to instantly store all your scans in your service of choice.
Scanbot is your premium mobile scanner app for documents and QR codes. Create high-quality PDF or JPG scans. Send them via email or upload them to Box, Dropbox, Evernote and other cloud services.
FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS – For All Users
• Scan premium quality PDFs or JPGs with 200 dpi and higher
• Cloud integration: Dropbox, Box, Evernote, WebDAV and other cloud services
• Scan QR codes: URLs, Contacts, Phone Numbers, Locations, Hotspots, etc.
• Lightning fast: automatic edge detection and scanning
• Multi page documents
• Enhance your scans: color modes and automatic optimization
• Smart background upload
• Beautifully designed
Upgrade to SCANBOT PRO
• Text recognition (OCR): extract the text of your scans to copy, search, lookup etc.
• Beautiful themes: select your preferred look and feel
• Smart file naming
Scanbot is free to download and use. Upgrading to Scanbot Pro adds the above features for a one-time purchase price.
Future features will be activated automatically.
Scanbot relies on the latest and most advanced mobile scanning technology available. Your scans are delivered at a premium quality with 200 dpi and higher, which is comparable to the performance of modern desktop scanners. In addition, various color modes, auto optimization and blur-reduction help you to get the most out of your scans.
Scanbot is blazing fast. Just hold your iPhone over any document, receipt or whiteboard and it takes only a second to scan a page and save it as a PDF or JPG. Thanks to Scanbot’s latest technology, the edges of the document are automatically identified so that only the document itself is scanned. Scanbot captures the best possible image in the perfect moment. You don’t have to do anything!
Scanbot works on all occasions with all kind of media. Scan any kind of document such as standard paper documents, business cards, receipts, notes, whiteboards or post-its. Scanbot helps you save the documents that are important for you and get rid of paper clutter. No matter whether you are in the supermarket, at work or on holidays, Scanbot is with you.
Scan to the CLOUD
Scanned documents can be emailed, printed or uploaded to a supported cloud drive. If you enable automatic upload and Scanbot will automatically save your scans to your preferred cloud service right in the moment your PDF scan has been created. With Scanbot you can upload to the following cloud drives:
• and other cloud drives
Scanbot would normally set you back $1.99 but it can be yours right now for free for approximately the next 36 hours.
And finally, Where To? is a GPS-centric app that makes it much easier to find specific businesses or attractions in your area. As you can see in the picture above, the app has a radial menu that lets you pick from destinations such as airports, entertainment venues, restaurants, schools and more. When you click on one of the menu items, you will then be shown different options on a map based on your location.
Discover your next destination.
Where To? makes it incredibly easy to locate the closest steakhouse, bank branch, billiard club or anything else you may be looking for, at the drop of a hat! Finally you can find local businesses without any typing, using a slick, intuitive user experience.
SUPERIOR SEARCH RESULTS
The standard Maps app sometimes doesn’t find what you’re searching? — Where To? is a great alternative because it uses proven Google search results. To switch to Where To? easily, you can launch it from Maps using the last mile navigation feature.
MAP & BROWSER: ALL INTEGRATED
With just a few taps, you can find local hits for any type of place you are looking for. Check the found places on the built-in map or in a list sorted by distance. Then call to make a reservation (optionally using Skype) or check the homepage using the built-in web browser.
Explore a stunning new way of visualization with Where To? 3D (iPhone only, available via In-App-Purchase for all devices under your iTunes account, free trial available). Your points of interest will be displayed on top of reality. It‘s more intuitive than ever to check out nearby locations.
SHAKE TO SURPRISE
Not sure what you want for dinner tonight? Use “Shake to Surprise” to make the choice. Take a chance and find something new and exciting!
MARK YOUR FAVORITE SPOTS
Save your favorite restaurants, shops and places to find them later easily. If you own multiple iOS devices, they’re synced via iCloud.
RATINGS & REVIEWS
“Is the food delicious? The service great?” Where To? collects and displays ratings and reviews from all Where To? and Google users. New reviews can be shared on Facebook and Twitter.
Where To? includes dinner menus for almost 500,000 US restaurants. Compare the menus to select your favorite dining location or make your choice while waiting to be seated.
GET DRIVING DIRECTIONS
Found your destination? Then let your iPhone show you the way – using the built-in route planner or any of more than 40 apps from the App Store. The standard Maps app, Navigon, TomTom, MotionX GPS drive, Waze and many others are supported. Not enough? If you’re driving a Mercedes-Benz or Audi equipped with a suitable onboard navigation system, you can send locations right to the car dashboard.
SHARE YOUR DESTINATION
Wanna meet with some friends at this new Sushi place in town? Pass along the location info by email, text message, Twitter, Facebook or copy it to the clipboard – It‘s your choice.
– Includes more than 700 customizable categories and 2,200 brands
– Find points of interest near you or your friends and family, anywhere in the world
– New points of interest are automatically reloaded when moving
– Display of pictures, descriptions, opening hours and more
– Available in 11 different languages, covering most of the world with locally optimized search
Where To? usually costs $2.99 but you can download it right now without paying a dime for one day only, so you’d better act fast.
This article was originally published on BGR.com