[More from Mashable: Jessica Alba’s Startup Honest.com Raises $27 Million in Funding]
This week we've covered ways to improve your vacation using social media, how to protect yourself and your work on Pinterest and 10 places you're not allowed to see on Google Maps. We also have an exclusive infographic on what's working in digital non-profit fundraising, ways technology will transform the traditional classroom and seven reasons why you should purchase a ticket to Mashable Connect 2012 (as if there are only seven reasons!). We even poked our heads in at Aviary's hip NYC nest.
What are you waiting for? Don't miss your chance to benefit from these resources!
[More from Mashable: 15 Hilarious Sports Parody Twitter Accounts]
- 5 Home Technologies That Will Save You Energy and Money A look at some of the hottest devices for the home that can help you save big on energy bills.
- 7 Reasons You Should Attend Mashable Connect 2012 Mashable Connect is from May 3-5, and this year we will explore the future of digital with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Here are 7 reasons your company should get you a ticket.
- Twitter Rewind: Big Highlights From 2012 to 2006 Six-year-old Twitter is a remarkably different animal than it was in 2006. To keep the birdcage intact, Twitter has evolved its aesthetics, functionality and business model. Here are the most memorable moments in the social media powerhouse's six years.
- Women in Tech: How One Entrepreneur Blazed a Trail Weili Dai, the co-founder of Marvell Technologies, shares her insights on her own journey to success and gives tips to female tech entrepreneurs.
- 45 Insider Instagram Pics From Bands at SXSW We asked 45 SXSW performers to send Instagram pictures for a behind-the-scenes peek into Austin's famous music festival.
- 3 Ways Kevin Rose Could Improve Google+ Now that Kevin Rose (and a handful of his Milk team) have joined Google, the future for Google+ may be a bit rosier. That said, Google now has the opportunity to improve its overall user interface design across products.
- Are You In Control of Your Social Media Privacy? [INFOGRAPHIC] One in ten social media users has posted content he regrets. Find out what kind of people are diligently managing their privacy settings.
- 20 TV Shows With the Most Social Media Buzz This Week [CHART] Which TV shows generate the most buzz on social networks? Find out each week from our social TV chart.
- 6 Ways to Improve Your Vacation Using Social Media Even if you're trekking into the wilderness, you're never without some friendly guidance from your social network.
- How to Opt Out of Facebook Social Ads We show you how to opt out of Facebook's social ads, which use your activity to produce personalized ads.
- 9 Hot Social Networks to Watch We've gathered a list of nine social services to keep an eye on as the location and taste graph spaces heat up.
- How to Use the New Facebook Page Admin Panel The Admin Panel is a one-stop shop for the tools and tips brands need to manage their Facebook presences. Learn how to use it here.
- Why Is Pinterest So Addictive? [INFOGRAPHIC] Pinterest addiction seems to be spreading like a zombie apocalypse virus. Why is Internet culture so fascinated with pinning?
- How Our 5 Challengers Are Surviving Without Social Media One week after disconnecting completely from social media, our participants give us their first impressions.
- 5 Ways Spotify Is Pioneering the Hyper-Social Business Model Spotify's success is due to its deep Facebook integration, which makes the service both hyper-social and user friendly.
- 5 Ways TV Newsrooms Use the Facebook Cover Photo Facebook is a great way for local TV news operations to engage fans and keep them in the know. It's important to make a good impression with the cover photo.
- 12 Celebrities to Follow on Pinterest From Jessica Alba and Martha Stewart to Mark Zuckerberg, more celebrities are joining Pinterest. Here are 12 notable pinners to follow.
- 8 Compelling Content Sessions to Expect at Mashable Connect 2012 Mashable's largest conference, Mashable Connect, is returning to Orlando, Fla., from May 3-5 to explore the future of digital. Here's what's in store.
- You Must Remember These: 17 Unforgettable Viral Videos Remember the simple days of the Internet when we all laughed at videos of a dancing baby? Oh, that's right, we're still doing that.
- 11 Hilarious 'Mad Men' Parody Twitter Accounts Mad Men may have taken a long hiatus between seasons, but your favorite characters have been around this whole time -- on Twitter.
Business & Marketing
- 10 Top Execs Share Their Social Media Secrets When you're occupying the C-suite, you may not have time to think about tweets, Facebook posts, Foursquare check-ins and Pinterest boards. But you should. Here are some tips.
- 4 Things Apple Should Have Done With Its Billions Could Apple have spent its cash on something other than dividends and a stock buyback?
- Facebook Photos: The Key to a Successful Social Media Campaign Photos drive exponentially more engagement on Facebook than mere links or text. Here's why brands are getting creative with photo sharing on the increasingly visual social network.
- 3 Ways Marketers Can Reach Facebook’s Mobile Audience Marketers need to get serious about mobile in 2012. Here are three new ways you can build mobile into your Facebook marketing plan.
- How to Establish and Grow Business Relationships Social media and digital have evolved the way we conduct business relationships. Find out how to keep the pace.
- Behind the Scenes at Aviary’s New York Nest Aviary's New York City office lives up to the photo startup's name.
- How Social Tools Are Changing Performance Management Social and digital tools are changing performance reviews. How will the social workplace affect the future of performance management?
- How Chipotle Uses Social Media to Cultivate a Better World The Mexican food chain uses social media to draws the consumer's attention to farming practices in the U.S.
- What Kind of Startup Is Right for You? Ensuring a business meshes with your passions and lifestyle is almost as important as revenue, marketing and tech. Here are 6 ways to ensure that it does.
- Legal Blogging: How to Craft the Right Strategy Law firms are successfully blogging to bring in high-quality work. Now, new industry research shows that blogs are very influential business development tools.
- What’s Working in Digital Non-Profit Fundraising [INFOGRAPHIC] On April 5, M+R and NTEN will release their sixth annual eNonprofit Benchmarks Study. Check out this exclusive infographic based on certain 2012 findings.
- 14 Community-Driven Tips for Better Customer Relationships It's important for a business to have a healthy relationship with its main supporters. Here's how to have the best link to your customers.
- 10 of the Weirdest Pins on Pinterest Pinterest is known for pretty pin-boards, but some people haven't quite caught the hang of it. Here are the 10 strangest pins on Pinterest.
- 6 Successful Twitter Hashtag Campaigns Think hashtag campaigns are always failures? Here are six companies that did it right.
- Zynganomics: 4 Secrets of the Social Gaming Business Model Let's take the top economic lessons from Zynga social gamification and apply them to business.
- 5 Interesting Pinterest Marketing Campaigns Check out these five creative campaigns that leverage Pinterest's marketing potential to the fullest.
- 5 Productivity Tools to Make Your Job Easier Your time is valuable, so optimize it by using these productive tools.
- 3 Key Metrics for Evaluating Your Mobile Ecommerce Site As with any marketing effort, gather metrics to determine optimal mobile site performance.
Tech & Mobile
- 5 Tips for Creating Hi-Res iPad Content Whether publishing digital content or building rich media display advertising for high-resolution tablets, try these five tips.
- 7 Tech CEOs Talk About Their iPad Obsession Mashable spoke with a handful of CEOs about how they use their iPads for work and play.
- 10 Places You're Not Allowed to See on Google Maps Google Maps brings the world to your desktop -- well, most of it, anyway. Here are 10 locations that governments and other entities have blurred or removed from satellite photos.
- The 10 Best iPad Apps for Showing Off Your Retina Display We've picked out the best iPad apps that are now optimized for the Retina display from the hundreds available.
- 8 Ways to Give Your Gadgets a Spring Cleaning Ready for spring cleaning? So are your gadgets! Here are some tips and products to get them shiny again.
- How Flying Robots Might Prevent Deforestation Quadrotors are miniature flying robots that could help monitor and protect endangered rainforests in places like Brazil.
- 10 Apps for Keeping Up with Pop Culture Whether or not you religiously follow the Kardashians, stay in the pop culture loop with these 10 mobile apps.
- 6 Ways to Kill Your New iPad [VIDEOS] Since Apple’s new iPad became available on Friday, a string of popular YouTube videos have appeared to show us how it holds up against assault rifles, lasers and concrete sidewalks.
- Mad Men Tech: 9 Devices That Changed the 1960s Office In anticipation of Mad Men's March 25 season five premiere (it's about time), we've examined the show's '60s-era technology.
- Draw Something: 20 Amazing Smartphone Sketches Some players of the wildly popular game "Draw Something" are creating masterpieces of mobile art right on their smartphones. We picked our favorites from the forums.
- How Tech Will Transform the Traditional Classroom Tech allows students to learn in new and engaging ways, but many educators are struggling to incorporate digital into traditional classrooms.
- Why ‘World of Warcraft’ Might Get You More Dates Than Match.com [INFOGRAPHIC] Here's a compelling case that digital dungeon diving might be better for your love life than Match.com.
- Top 5 Instagram Alternatives for Android There are dozens of Instagram alternatives to choose from, but here are our five favorites.
- 8 Unexpected Moments From SXSW [PICS] Along with CNN iReport, we asked to see SXSW through your eyes. Here are our favorite photos you sent us.
This story originally published on Mashable here.