Have you spent this week gearing up for the Summer Games? So have we. But in the midst of tacky opening ceremony apparel, broadcast faux pas and stalking Team USA's Instagram pics, we managed to round up this week's top digital media resources.
[More from Mashable: Olympic Popularity: Starcount Reveals Which Olympic Athletes Are Trending]
Among our favorites this week are 25 Twitter accounts to boost your brainpower, a guide to gamification in the workplace and a few apps that will help you discover new eateries in your area.
Though if you prefer keeping up with the Olympics, check out tons of Mashable stories that will keep your head in the Games, including hot Olympian Pinterest and Twitter accounts, apps, games and gadgets that will feed your fandom and a guide to watching coverage of London 2012 online.
[More from Mashable: Hidden Genius Project Provides Tech Mentorship for Young Black Men]
- These 10 Videos Turn Tough Topics Into Child's Play These 10 YouTube videos use cartoons, special effects and Charles Darwin finger puppets to break down important and complicated subjects.
- 10 Pinterest Accounts That Celebrate the Olympic Spirit We've found 13 accounts and boards overflowing with everything from news coverage to party ideas, and it's all Olympic-themed.
- 6 Habits of Highly Effective Mobile Marketers Mobile is the way of the future; here's how marketers can take advantage.
- Social Media Can Help You Land a Higher-Paying Job New research suggests that's much more likely to be the case for higher-level managerial jobs than it is for low-paying jobs.
- Instagram-Style Lenses for Your DSLR Camera Lensbaby mounts directly to your DSLR camera and includes eight Instagram-like optics that you can swap in and out of the lenses.
- 5 Essential Apps for Olympic Fanatics Cheer for your team on the go with the help of our favorite apps for this Olympic season.
- Music Monday: Go Back in Time With These Tunes For this week's Music Monday we are stepping back in time. Our Throwback playlist is full of songs that are sure to have you reminiscing./li>
- A Timeline of Recent Facebook Ad Changes Facebook is expected to generate $4.2 billion in ad revenue this year. Here are the changes the network's made to its advertising platform.
- 20 TV Shows With the Most Social Media Buzz This Week Which TV shows generate the most buzz on social networks? Find out each week from our social TV chart.
- 15 Instagram Pics Capturing City Life A winning Instagram shot, along with finalists from 14 cities, have now been chosen, showing the vibrancy of city life.
- 4 Ways to Use Instagram on Your Desktop Now, all you need is an Internet connection to view your friends' Instagram photos.
- Lords of the Ring: 15 Spherical Photos From Mashable Readers Our readers did an outstanding job finding and sending in pictures of rings and circular patterns for the weekly Mashable Photo Challenge.
- How to Increase Your Social Media Following via Email Email is far from dead. In fact, it's a great way to engage users, drive them to social networks and generate more followers.
- How to Use YouTube's Face-Blurring Tool YouTube notes its new face-blurring tool is quick and easy to use, but the results can be mixed.
- The Beginner's Guide to Socialcam Socialcam is one of the leading mobile-based video sharing platforms on the market, here's a guide to help you get started.
Business & Marketing
- Crafting Your Social Media Budget: Experts Sound Off There are so many ways to market your business, but what's the most effective way to budget? We asked the experts.
- 5 Road-Tested iPhone Apps for Journalists University of California, Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism used these iPhone apps in an eight-week crash course in mobile reporting.
- 4 NYC Startups Reshaping Small Business Here are four New York companies that are reshaping small businesses everywhere.
- How to Justify a Vacation When You're Self-Employed If you’re self-employed and dreaming of taking an August vacation to the beach, here are a few things to consider.
- 5 Companies on the Cutting Edge of Sustainable Prefab Housing Rather than overload our landfills, contemporary architectural and design firms are rethinking prefab for today's waste-conscious homebuyer.
- 17 Weirdly Awesome Office Accessories From USB flowerpots to snarky sticky notes, these off-the-wall office accessories are sure to brighten up your work space.
- 4 Luxury Brands With an Outstanding Digital Experience Here are four examples of luxury brands creating connected consumer experiences to drive brand engagement.
- Which Ad Attribution Model Should You Use? As brands spend more on digital ads, attribution is becoming more important. Here's what you need to know about attribution.
- 45+ Events in Social Media, Marketing and Entertainment Our Events Board helps event organizers and the Mashable community convene at events in social media, tech, marketing and other fields.
- 5 Facebook Marketing Resources You’re Not Using Yet These five official Facebook tools will guide your business in its quest for marketing tips, news and case studies.
- Give Your Business a Boost With Games in the Workplace Gamification isn't just a buzzword, especially when it comes to small businesses. Check out companies that are learning through games.
- 5 Startups Transforming Online Education There's an increased demand for services in higher education. Here are a few of the best startups getting into the higher-education game.
- 5 Digital Marketing Metrics That Matter Here are five metrics that you can use daily in your bid management routine to add nuance to your optimization decisions.
- 4 Reasons Why Recruiters Should Stop Accepting Traditional Resumes Social networking is replacing many traditional tools of the job search trade, including the resume.
Tech & Mobile
- Get a Room: 9 Intimate Apps for Couples Here are some mobile apps meant for couples. These apps encourage communication, intimacy and romance.
- 5 Apps to Replace Your Music Studio Here are five apps that you can use to create a full album without ever touching a computer.
- 25+ Crazy iPhone Cases You Can Buy in New York Think your iPhone case is bold? It's got nothing on these bedazzled numbers.
- Best Apps for Discovering New Places to Eat Finding a great place to eat in a strange town is tough, discover local hot spots with these food-spotting apps.
- 9 Apps For Editing Video On Your Smartphone Your smartphone can be used as a video editor. Here are some of our favorite mobile editing apps.
- Should You Wait for the iPhone 5? Apple's iPhone sales are dropping, and it's clear many people are waiting for the "iPhone 5" before they buy. Is that a good idea?
- 5 Reasons HTML5 Apps are Hard to Monetize HTML5 apps are hard to monetize; here's why.
- 10 High-Tech Kitchen Tools for Top Chefs We've rounded up some great tools to help you become a top chef.
- 10 Budget Airfare Tools Every Traveler Should Know Find the best airfare deals with these digital tools.
- The Beginner's Guide to WordPress Multisite This is the beginner's guide for WordPress users interested in learning how to use Multisite.
- Support Your Team With These Olympics-Inspired Gadgets [PICS] Look through the gallery to see how you can show your pride as the Olympic athletes compete for the gold.
- 5 Bad Cellphone Habits You Have to Break Are you guilty of one of these taboo cellphone habits? Most of us need a good lesson in cellphone etiquette.
- 6 Killer Apps for Mobile Photo Editing These are our favorite apps for editing pictures on your smartphones..
- 10 Fitness Apps That Boost Your Stamina, Speed and Strength These fitness apps will boost your workout routine and keep you accountable./li>
- How to Look Good on Video Chat Facebook and other social platforms are changing the way people see themselves, and how they want to be seen.
- Live Your Olympic Dreams With These 5 Games Why passively watch the Summer Games when you could "play" them? The London Olympics has plenty of gaming tie-ins.
- How to Watch the 2012 Summer Olympics Online We've rounded up all the official ways to watch the Games live online or on your mobile device.
- The 9 Most Important Tablet Mysteries of 2012 When it comes to tablets, we still have a lot of questions.
This story originally published on Mashable here.