Ryan Reynolds is having a pretty great 2016-2017. His first superhero movie (we don’t need to talk about Green Lantern) was a critical and box office success, and is poised to win at the Golden Globes this year. Here are five reasons he’s killin’ it:
- First Golden Globe nomination — Reynolds is nominated for Best Actor for Deadpool, which is the first live-action superhero movie to be nominated by the Golden Globes for Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy. He already won the Critics’ Choice Movie Award for the role, so it’s definitely a possibility.
- His net worth is huge — Reynolds made about $15 million for Deadpool (he took home a portion of the box office profits) — and is likely to get a considerable raise for the sequel, due out in 2018.
- A baby girl — Reynolds and his wife, Blake Lively, added a new member to their family in 2016, a daughter named Ines. She joins her sister, James.
- Devastatingly good looks — the actor’s mix of good looks and snarky wit is his calling card. In 2016, he was named one of GQ’s Men of the Year.
- No more Green Lantern — the 2011 superhero flick bombed hard. Now Reynolds has Deadpool’s success to wash out the bad taste.
Want a sneak peek at some sure-to-be highlights from the Golden Globes? Check this out: