This Thursday we’re taking a slightly different approach to our “paid apps gone free” series by focusing on iOS games. At this point, you’re probably already loaded down with productivity apps, so why not take a break from being productive for free and start playing games for free instead. You’ve earned it. Here’s nearly $16 worth of iOS games that you can download for free for a limited time.
These are paid iPhone and iPad apps that have been made available for free for a limited time by their developers. There is no way to tell how long they will be free. These sales could end an hour from now or a week from now — obviously, the only thing we can guarantee is that they are free at the time this post is published. If you click on a link and see a price listed next to an app instead of the word “free,” it is no longer free. The sale has ended. If you download the app, you will be charged.
Order & Chaos Online
iOS gaming still has a long way to go, but Order & Chaos Online is one of the more impressive experiments on the App Store to date. This is a legitimate, full-fledged MMORPG, complete with character creation, skills and equipments, quests and even adorable mounts.
Enjoy the thrill of an epic adventure in the most acclaimed MMORPG on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: Explore a vast heroic fantasy world and join thousands of players in this massively multiplayer online experience that pushes the boundaries of epic!
» WHO WILL YOU BE? Use the advanced character creation system to customize your hero! «
• 5 races available: Elves and Humans fight for Order, Orcs and Undead for Chaos, and the Mendels are neutral.
• Choose your gender, appearance, class and talent. With over 2,500 skills and 5,000 pieces of equipment to discover, your adventure will not be over soon.
• Create up to 4 different characters to play.
» INTERACT WITH THE COMMUNITY «
• Make friends or enemies, trade, challenge, communicate and more: A wide range of interactions makes each player a living part of this universe.
• Join a party or guild to become stronger and coordinate with your teammates, or you can choose to adventure solo, interacting with other players peacefully or otherwise…
» THE WORLD IS YOURS «
• Travel through the most majestic settings – from dark forests to deserts, jungles, mountains and more – on foot or by magical means.
• Talk and interact with hundreds of characters to find over 1,200 quests to perform.
» ENTER THE PvP ARENA! «
Battlefields are a new PvP mode where teamwork far outweighs individual strength. Try to capture the opposing team’s flag and bring it back to your base to score.
» MOUNT UP «
Ride into battle faster than ever on the brand new mounts, including Bloody Ghost Horse, Silver Despair, Peaceful Kraken, and many more!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are tons of quests, items, and dungeons waiting within.
»»» Enter the legend now! «««
Order & Chaos Online used to cost $6.99, but in celebration of three years on the App Store, the developer has made the game free for good.
Ready Steady Play
It’s always exciting to get in on the ground floor, which is why you should probably download Ready Steady Play while it’s still free. There are currently three minigames contained within the game, but the team plans to update the game in the future.
Ready Steady Play is a Wild West-themed game starring an affable cowboy and his trusty hobby horse. Easy to learn and hard to master, Ready Steady Play expands on the beautifully minimal aesthetic and gameplay of its predecessor, Ready Steady Bang.
As part of an expanding series, the first release introduces three games:
• Shooting Gallery
• Hobby Hurdles
• Coin Shooter
…with more exciting additions to follow.
Ready Steady Play utilizes Game Center to provide you with the following features:
• Sync your achievements and high scores
• View online leaderboards
• See your friends’ high scores go past as you beat them in-game
• Challenge your friends to beat your achievements and high scores
• Invite your friends to play against you
Ready Steady Play normally costs $1.99, but is now free on the App Store for an undetermined amount of time.
Why Does It Spin?
Why Does It Spin? is a unique puzzler in which you have to navigate a spinning ship through increasingly complex maps while avoiding dangerous obstacles.
THERE’S ONLY ONE RULE: DON’T TOUCH THE WALLS!
Do you think you’re able to follow this simple rule even if you would have to control a continuously rotating spinship through a colorful world full of narrow areas, moving obstacles, and many other fascinating game elements?
Watch the official trailer: http://www.WhyDoesItSpin.com
##### S T O R Y #####
In a strange world full of colorful bands you have to help Dusty to find his family. He always feared that the day will come when an act of nature beyond control will threaten the world known to him. At night, when everyone was asleep, Dusty was working on his spacy spinship. Many days had passed until his masterpiece was almost perfect. One night in his garage he heard a weird buzzing sound growing louder and louder followed by a strong undertow. Everything started moving upwards and at the very last moment Dusty managed to enter the control center of his spinship before he was torn away…
##### F E A T U R E S #####
- 40 fascinating maps with challenging objectives.
– 5 colorful, uniquely styled chapters.
– Intuitive control: Tilt your device or use touches.
– Full-value game (NO IN-APP ADS! NO IN-APP PURCHASES!).
– Discover addictive game elements such as springs, pillows, rotors, attractors, conveyor belts, etc.
– Choose difficulty depending on your skill: Easy, medium, hard!
– Universal app optimized for iPhones, iPods and iPads.
– Multi-user app: Play with up to 10 different persons on the same device!
Why Does It Spin? typically costs $2.99, but it’s free for the next 24 hours, so be sure to jump on this deal soon.
Cooking Academy 2: World Cuisine
I may have picked Cooking Academy 2: World Cuisine just because I haven’t eaten breakfast yet this morning, but Big Fish Games knows mobile gaming. This is also probably the app of choice for those of us who can’t actually prepare a decent dish in real life.
Get in on the cooking action from all over the world with a variety of exotic recipes in this amazing simulation game. Are you ready for a culinary adventure? Get cooking today!
• WELCOME TO THE WORLD CULINARY WORKSHOP!
Cooking Academy 2 will put you in the kitchens of restaurants from all corners of the globe and in eight different countries!
• COOK YOUR WAY THROUGH 60 DIFFERENT RECIPES
From Chinese BBQ Pork Buns, to Mexican Tamales, to Japanese Sushi and much, much more!
• MASTER ALL NEW SKILLS AND MINI-GAMES
Food processors, mixers, raiding the fridge and so much more to explore and experience!
• LEARN INTERESTING TRIVIA ABOUT FOOD
Not only do you get to cook, but you can learn more about the recipes and the countries they are from!
Cooking Academy 2: World Cuisine, which normally costs $2.99, is now free for a limited time.
Want to play an RPG but don’t have time for the long quests and involved storylines? LvLn might the game for you.
LvLn is a fast in, fast lootin’, retro style app with tons of gameplay.
Select a character, jump in and start leveling right now! Unlock great character and earn buckets of loot as you play through hours of “right / left” combat. Set in an endearing 16-bit word, you’ll jump in with a couple clicks and begin you mad dash to level within seconds of starting the app
Select from three awesome characters and unlock more to use when you go after dozens of monsters and TONS of treasure!
- 4 awesome characters to play!
– 3 game modes!
– challenging bosses!
Jump in and play, FAST! After all – “leveling” is the name of the game!
LvLn dropped in price from $0.99 to free for 30 days on July 17th, so you’ve got about 10 days left before it goes back up to full price.
More from BGR: Google just bought its way into analyzing all your chats
This article was originally published on BGR.com