If you're anything like McKayla Maroney, the Olympics and all subsequent memes are losing their luster. Looking for digital refuge from the Games? We've got you covered. Mashable has rounded up this week's top digital media resources to offer you respite from the Olympic flurry.
[More from Mashable: Paul Ryan Visited Facebook, Met Zuckerberg [PICS]]
- Only 9% of Wikipedia Editors Are Women [INFOGRAPHIC] While men and women use Wikipedia evenly, only 9% of its editors are female. Why the gender divide?
- 5 Hot Startups You Need to Watch Flourishing startups concoct a winning recipe of hard work, highly marketable ideas lots of good luck. Here are five that really stand out.
- YouTube: The Secret Ingredient for Job Recruitment [INFOGRAPHIC] Video is your best opportunity to tell a compelling story to attract top candidates, according to this HireRabbit infographic.
- 10 Classic Video Games That Deserve an HD Remake Updated graphics and control schemes could turn these vintage gems into modern hits.
- 12 Epic Pet Accessories on Etsy Pet clothing isn't just for Halloween, for heaven's sake. From costume to couture, these cats and canines sure are chic.
- 44 Female Founders Every Entrepreneur Should Know Women are changing the face of tech -- here are 44 names to know.
- Top 20 Fashion Accounts to Follow on Pinterest We rounded up some of the best sources for fashion inspiration on Pinterest.
- 20 TV Shows With the Most Social Media Buzz This Week Which TV shows generate the most buzz on social networks? Find out each week from our social TV chart.
- 16 Gorgeous Photos of Gold From Our Readers Check out these gorgeous photos of gold, sent in by our readers for this week's Mashable Photo Challenge.
- 8 Celebs With Surprising Foursquare Mayorships From tech luminaries to celebrity chefs, these nine people are making waves on Foursquare. Some of their mayorships might surprise you.
- This Infographic Shows Why Google+ Is a Ghost Town An infographic details that Google+ has low activity compared to other networks.
- 4 Ideas for Better Social Media Measurement Here are four ideas to help you improve your social measurement.
- 10 Fashion Tastemakers to Follow on Twitter Far from mere self-promotion, these avid tweeters offer a glimpse into the inspiring world of fashion.
- 15 Photo Blogging Tips From the Pros From Man Repeller to 500px, we asked prominent photo bloggers to dish out their secret sauce.
- How Big Brands Can Emulate Facebook's Promoted Posts Facebook's promoted posts let small brands pay to insert a post in fans' news feeds. But what about bigger brands? Here's the solution.
- 11 Must-Follow Twitter Accounts for Daily Inspiration People turn to Twitter for daily mantras of the inspirational variety. We've found 11 accounts that will support your every endeavor.
Business & Marketing
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Customer Base Startups use social media and blogging to generate early usage and set the stage for customer growth.
- 100+ Hot Jobs in Social Media, Tech and Digital Media Check out these five recently posted jobs from the Mashable Job Board.
[More from Mashable: Olympics Week 2: The Social Media Buzz [CHARTS]]
- Should Your Small Business Be on Google+? Google+ may have a reputation as a digital no-man's-land, but your small business needs to be there. Here's why.
- What Teens Can Teach Us About Marketing It’s that kind of thinking that kills us as marketers and brands. When we take “personal” out of the equation we always lose.
- 20% of Top Brands Use HootSuite A list of the six most popular Twitter clients among the top 100 brands.
- 5 Trends Affecting Agency Budgets Social and digital media are changing the way brands and agencies spend their money.
- 5 Reasons Your Branded Content Is Failing Wonder why branded content isn't working? Here are five possible reasons.
- 4 Online Translation Tips for Journalists How journalists can ensure that information in a foreign language is being distributed -- and received -- accurately.
Tech & Mobile
- 7 Ways to Educate Yourself Outside the Classroom Whether you're 8 or 88, you can learn something new on the web.
- The Olympics of Tech: Gaming, Hacking, Texting In the spirit of the 2012 Olympic Games, here are six feats and competitions in the tech world.
- 11 Sci-Fi Shows You Can Watch Right Now Need a quick science fiction fix? Here are 11 out-of-this-world shows that you can watch online instantly.
- 7 Space Simulators That Let You Explore the Universe Not content to sit on Earth while Mars rovers have all the fun? Blast off with these scientifically accurate simulations of the known universe.
- How to Personalize Your PC If you spend a lot of time staring at your PC, why not change the appearance settings to something you find visually pleasing?
- 14 Headphones for Women, Designed for Supreme Comfort These 14 innovative headphones, recommended for women, produce great sound, isolate noise and ensure comfort for long wear.
- 6 Ways Nonprofits Attract Top Tech Talent Successful entrepreneurs share tips for leveraging their nonprofit's mission to recruit top tech candidates.
- The Future of Healthcare is Already at Your Fingertips [INFOGRAPHIC] There are dozens of mobile healthcare apps on the market, but patients don't seem to be noticing./li>
- Is Your Laptop Too Old for Mountain Lion or Windows 8? Whether you have a computer that operates on a Windows or Mac system, you're probably wondering if you can download the latest OS.
- 10 Transportation Apps to Keep You Moving These transportation apps will keep you moving, whether you're in a car, on a bike or using public transit systems.
- 10 Hot Gadgets and Apps for the Connected Family Family. There's an app for that. And a heck of a lot of gadgets, too.
- How Smartphones Keep Parents Organized Smartphones keep parents organized and in communication with their children-- from sending love-y text messages to sharing grocery lists.
This story originally published on Mashable here.