Did you spend this week buying lottery tickets and following the Mega Millions jackpot? Well, now that you know you didn't win, it's time to throw away your tickets and catch up on the new digital media resources you missed on Mashable.
This week we have the most-followed men on Pinterest, tips for how to be more genuinely engaging online, and 15 sessions you can't miss at Mashable Connect 2012. We've also covered the evolution of Anonymous, cities that are benefiting from mobile apps, and cases that will make your white iPhone pop. We even have photos from an office tour of GetGlue's fun-filled space.
[More from Mashable: ‘The Voice’ Now Lets You Vote on Facebook Timeline]
Here are the best of this week's social media, business and technology resources.
- The Evolution of Anonymous The evolution of Anonymous, a notorious group of hackers that has acquired a worldwide following. Plus, the group's top 10 defining hacks.
- Stickers Galore: Check Out GetGlue’s Fun-Filled Office [PICS] GetGlue's New York City headquarters are full of stickers, pop culture and fun.
- The 10 Most-Followed Men on Pinterest Men are influential on Pinterest, too. Find out the top 10 male users on the social network. How do their numbers stack up to the gals?
- Behind the Scenes of the World’s First Live-Tweeted Open-Heart Surgery Doctors and digital pros from the hospital that pulled off the world's first live-tweeted open-heart surgery give their inside story.
- 10 Tips for Raising Money on Kickstarter The lessons one Kickstarter participant learned are worth knowing. If you’re looking to get funded on Kickstarter, here are ten tips to help you succeed.
- 9 Free Tumblr Themes That Look Like Pinterest Looking to turn your Tumblr into a Pinterest board? Several themes can help make that happen.
- How to Make Images Stand Out on Pinterest [INFOGRAPHIC] With more than 12 million users on Pinterest it's important to make your images stand out. Here's how to optimize your pins.
- 20 TV Shows With the Most Social Media Buzz This Week [CHART] Which TV shows generate the most buzz on social networks? Find out each week from our social TV chart.
- Mashable Connect Agenda: 15 Exciting Sessions to Learn From We're excited to announce the Mashable Connect 2012 agenda. This year's lineup covers a wide range of topics on the state and future of digital.
- 20 Over-The-Top Tweets About the Mega Millions Jackpot The mind-boggling $540 million Mega Millions jackpot spawned multitudes of entertaining Twitter messages about the lottery.
- The Evolution of Facebook for Brands Facebook Timeline for businesses is officially here. A look back at the major Facebook milestones that lead to this.
[More from Mashable: No, You’re Not Fat — Facebook Just Makes You Think You Are [STUDY]]
Business & Marketing
- 5 Key Talents of Successful Startup Founders Some qualities are essential to becoming a successful startup founder. These five talents, in particular, are vital for entrepreneurs.
- 4 Tips For Authentic Online Engagement When you think about authenticity as it relates to your brand's social media efforts, a key factor is what you stand for and what's meaningful to you.
- Attention Marketers: Back-to-School Season Has Already Started [INFOGRAPHIC] Research from Gen Y-focused marketing agency Mr. Youth shows that conversations about the upcoming school year are already happening.
- How American Express Grows Its Massive Social Media Presence The credit card company is innovating for both customers and merchants on their social media platforms. Check out how AmEx has gone digital.
- 6 Ways to Acquire New Customers via Social Media Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are great for building your brand -- but how do you find new customers?
- 10 Ways to Humanize Your Brand On Social Media Humanizing a brand is just that: the attempt to interact with each customer on a personal level. Here are 10 ways companies can work to create a more human brand via social media.
- Shoptiques Lets You Shop Boutiques Like a Local Shop local boutiques online, city by city.
Tech & Mobile
- 5 Exciting Innovations That Will Change Computing in 2012 Technical innovations are on the way that promise to bridge the gap between the physical and digital worlds like never before.
- 6 Must-Have Apps for the Samsung Galaxy Note Here are six apps that no Samsung Galaxy Note user should be without.
- Your Profile Pic Has Nothing on These Guys [VIDEO] Think your vacation album is sweet? Think again. These guys take scrapbooking to a whole new level.
- 4 Hot Apps for Microvideo Blogging With microvideo blogging apps, you can record short video clips and share them instantly over social platforms. Here are our four faves.
- 18 Amazing Photos of NASA’s ‘Five Rockets in Five Minutes’ Launch NASA launched five rockets, each 80 seconds apart, into the skies over Virginia early on Tuesday.
- Will This Adorable Robot Rabbit Be Your Next Digital Media Hub? The Karotz is a little rabbit robot with a big personality. Check out how its creators hope to revolutionize the personalized robotics industry.
- 10 Ice-Cool White iPhone Cases We've found 10 cases that work brilliantly with the white iPhone.
- 10 Fun Notepads to Geek Up Your Desk From "social" sticky notes to LEGO notebooks to Google Doodle notecards, we think you'll find something tempting in our selection.
- How to Avoid the Common Pitfalls of Mobile App Development We asked several leaders in mobile development to share the common issues that come when creating a new app. Here's what they had to say.
- The Future of Funny: How Old and New Media Collaborate on Comedy How old and new media work together in pursuit of comedy.
- A History of Hacktivism [INFOGRAPHIC] Learn how hacktivism evolved to become a powerful virtual weapon in today's digital age.
- 10 Classic Gadgets Upcycled Into Fashion Accessories We've collected 10 fashion accessories upcycled from the gadgets of your youth.
- These 10 Hilarious Podcasts Will Make You LOL If you're looking for some of the funniest podcasts, we've rounded up 10 channels. Plug in your headphones and get ready to LOL in public.
- 5 Cities Benefiting From Mobile Apps Check out how a handful of cities across the U.S. takes advantage of mobile to improve their communities and government efficiency.
- 3 Reasons Facebook Brand Pages Are Good for Businesses Not everyone is cheering about Facebook Timeline for businesses. The reality is, the new layout will present many great opportunities for companies using it to merchandise their products. Here are three reasons why Facebook’s new brand pages will benefit sellers and social commerce as a whole.
- 8 Easy PC Pranks to Trick Your Friends With April Fools' Day on the horizon, it's the perfect time to play some epic pranks on your PC-using co-workers, friends, family and frenemies.
- 10 Excellent PC Games for Less Than $10 Need a gaming fix on the cheap? Check out these 10 winning PC games, all for less than $10.
- How to Respond to Any Situation With an Animated GIF There's an animated GIF for every occasion! The blog #WhatShouldWeCallMe brilliantly responds to classic situations.
- 8 Crazy Gadgets to Buy If You Win Mega Millions What would you buy if you won Friday's world-record $640 million Mega Millions jackpot? You can purchase plenty of things with the half-a-billion dollar prize, including these eight gems.
- Tools to Generate Your Random Mega Millions Numbers Can these random number generators help you win the record-high Mega Millions jackpot? Probably not, but it might be worth a try.
- Top 10 iPhone Word Games Go pick up a dictionary and fortify the ol' lexicon -- these iPhone word games demand clever wordplay in order to succeed.
This story originally published on Mashable here.