Unless you want to deal with in-app ads, paying for apps is the only way to ensure that the awesome developers who build these great applications can stay in business and build more great apps. Of course, it’s also nice to get a freebie every once in a while. Developers make paid iPhone and iPad apps available for free from time to time for a number of reasons. Sometimes it’s to gain some exposure and sometimes it’s to celebrate an update or a new version. Whatever the reason, we always enjoy sharing these temporary sales with readers when some high-quality apps are offered up for free.
This time around, we’ve got three great apps to share with you.
mo.Today by cubist is a combination of a calendar and a to-do app, all wrapped up in a sleek interface that looks fantastic and encourages productivity.
mo.Today is a personal assistant that helps you see your daily events and to-dos in a very simple way.
Manage your days by moving freely from ‘Today’ to a day in the past or the future.
Access all of your built-in calendar events and reminders, conveniently organized in one screen.
With mo.Today’s unique ‘Expose’ feature, actively look for the tasks you are ‘able to do’, rather than passively checking ‘to do’ items.
Just experience it right now.
1. Collect your ‘today’ in one screen.
- mo.Today shows all of your schedules and appointments, to-dos and reminders in one screen, in chronological order. Simply open mo.Today to remind yourself what to do at any given moment.
- To-do items are listed in the order they need to be completed: “undone” tasks from yesterday appear first, followed by today, tomorrow and after, then “someday”; you don’t need to assign priorities manually to decide what to do next.
- Check your days at a glance with beautifully designed overview and list modes, and easily switch between the two.
2. Move between the dates with ease
- Not only can you simply swipe the date card to yesterday or tomorrow like a real diary, but you can also jump straight to any date you want using easy-to-switch navigation modes (weekly, monthly and yearly).
- Each card shows you how many days are left until (or have passed since) that date. You can quickly return to today by double-tapping the date card.
3. Expose in Advance
- mo.Today’s unique feature, ‘Expose’, makes to-dos scheduled for future dates visible whenever you want so that you can prepare for them in advance. Without having to set an alarm, you can check not only to-dos for today but also the ones to be prepared in advance simply by opening mo.Today. Experience the joy of pro-active life with mo.Today’s Expose in Advance.
This nifty calendar app is normally $1.99 but it’s free from now through the end of the day on Thursday.
Yet another filter app or THE filter app? You be the judge.
InstaFilterZilla is fastest and most powerful photo editing app in the AppStore, with simple design,over 100 effects,textures and frames.Layer as many effects as you like using the “add layer” and “remover layer” function to help you quickly combine multiple filters,texture,enhance for your picture in seconds, and create your unique and wonderful masterpiece.
InstaFilterZilla has all cool filters you ever wanted!
-Live view camera feature with more than 100 filters!
-Enhance photo in seconds:Adjustable Saturation,Contrast,Brightness,Exposure,RGB,Hue,White Balance,Common Sharpen and UnSharpMask Sharpen, Gamma.
-Powerful Vignette&Color Adjusting tools: Adjustable Vignette, MonoChrome, ToneCurve, LightShadow, Haze, Sepia, ColorInvert, Missetikate, SoftElegance, Amatorka, FalseColor.
-Blur tools&TiltShift Generator: This app provides 6 Blur effects!(Gaussian Blur, Gaussian Selective Blur, Fast Blur,Box Blur,Median Blur,Bilateral) and the TiltShift Generator function!
-Power Sketch: This app provides 10 Sketch effects!
-Toon, pixellate and auto painted art effect: Turn your photo into cartoon and pixellate looking, this app provides 2 cartoon effects(Toon and SmoothToon), Pixellate,PolarPixel,Polkadot,XYGradient,Posterize,Emboss and 4 authentic looking paintings effects!
-Transform tools: Swirl,Bulge,Pinch,Glassphere and SphereRefraction,Stretch and Transform 2D&3D!
-Space Paint and bokeh light effects: This app provides 19 bokeh light effects and 8 Space Paint effects!
-17 Insta Fx filters:Rise,Hunson,X-ProII,Toaster……!
-41 Textures: This app includes a range of real and simplistic scratchy film textures.
-7 Cross Process Filters.
-Undo effects and frames after using “Add Another”.
-Works with photos taken with your iPhone camera or from your photo library.
-Save images in high(full size) resolution to your camera roll.
-Share your creative Via Facebook,Twitter,Email and Tumblr.
InstaFilterZilla by GodImage is typically $0.99 but it’s free right now for the iPhone and iPad.
And finally, we have what is undoubtedly our best deal of the day — a $10 app that could change your life, available for free.
The world’s best speed reading app. ReadQuick helps you read faster than ever before. Designed for iOS 7, this app helps you speed read your way through your Pocket, Instapaper and Readability reading lists. Watch your comprehension sky rocket in just one day.
ReadQuick displays the articles of your choice one word at a time at a pace you set. It is the only app that teaches you how to speed read while getting through your daily reading.
You can access articles you want to read through our partners like Pocket or find them yourself through the built-in Web browser. You can also choose to read think pieces suggested by our great content partners such as Macworld, Talking Points Memo, Longreads, TechMeme, GigaOm and more. ReadQuick will tell you how long each article will take you to complete based on your words per minute rate.
The more you use this app, the faster your reading rate will become. With ReadQuick, you read – and comprehend – more faster.
This $10 speed-reading trainer is free for a limited time only, so act fast!
This article was originally published on BGR.com