3 airlifted to hospitals after leak at Utah school


SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Officials now say three people sickened by a carbon monoxide leak at a remote Utah elementary school were airlifted to hospitals Monday, including two adults who were still hospitalized Monday night.

San Juan County spokesman Rick Bailey says a female teacher originally airlifted to a Cortez, Colo., hospital was being flown late Monday to a Salt Lake City-area hospital, the nearest location with a hyperbaric chamber.

Bailey says another female staff member was flown to a Durango, Colo.-hospital. He says she was still there Monday evening.

He had no additional details on their conditions.

Bailey says a female third-grader flown to a Cortez hospital earlier Monday was released.

He says a total of at least 44 students and staff were treated at facilities after the leak.