20 TV Shows With the Most Social Media Buzz This Week

Jennifer Shore
20 TV Shows With the Most Social Media Buzz This Week

Last week, The X Factor topped the chart as the most watched weekly broadcast, and even the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards couldn't dethrone its popularity this week.

But the award show did come in second place, managing to aggregate almost 1.6 million social interactions — across Twitter, Facebook, GetGlue and Viggle — an increase of approximately 459,000 from last year. Women comprised 61% of social activity, and men swooped up the remaining 39%.

[More from Mashable: ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Radio Arrives for Season 15]

SEE ALSO: Parker Posey Teaches You How to Accept an Emmy [VIDEO]

Even with plenty of chatter about Amy Poehler's $2 accessory and Sofia Vergara's zipper popping, the most social moment happened when Tracy Morgan faked fainting on stage, and host Jimmy Kimmel told the audience to tweet about it. (The stunt generated 46,552 tweets in a three-minute window.)

[More from Mashable: Watch the Emmys Opening Skit: Jimmy Kimmel Cries]

The data is courtesy of Trendrr, which measures social media activity related to specific television shows (e.g. mentions, likes, check-ins) across Twitter, Facebook, GetGlue and Viggle. To see daily rankings, check out Trendrr.TV.

Image courtesy of iStockphoto, subjug

This story originally published on Mashable here.