FILE - In this April 4, 2017 file photo, Ivanka Trump speaks in the South Court Auditorium on the White House complex in Washington. Ivanka Trump will participate in a panel discussion on women’s economic empowerment during an official visit to Germany next week. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci, File)
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. ISLAMIC STATE GROUP CLAIMS PARIS ATTACK ON POLICE OFFICERS
French presidential candidates cancel or reschedule last-minute campaign events ahead of Sunday's first round vote in the tense election.
2. TRUMP RAPS IRAN AS VIOLATING 'SPIRIT' OF NUCLEAR DEAL
The president sets an ominous tone for his forthcoming decision about whether to pull the U.S. out of the landmark agreement struck with Tehran in 2015.
3. ONCE CRITICAL OF GLOBAL DEALS, TRUMP SLOW TO PULL OUT OF ANY
The "America First" president who vowed to extricate America from onerous overseas commitments appears to be warming up to the view that when it comes to agreements, a deal's a deal.
4. WHICH U.S. FIRM QUITS VENEZUELA AFTER GOVERNMENT SEIZES ITS FACTORY
General Motor's move could draw the Trump administration into the chaos engulfing the South American nation amid days of deadly protests.
5. WHY FOX NEWS FACES ITS TOUGHEST TEST
The firing of its lead personality, Bill O'Reilly, will determine whether the top-rated cable network's appeal is due to its overall strength more than a personality or two.
6. ARKANSAS POISED TO CARRY OUT FIRST EXECUTION SINCE 2005
A ruling from the state Supreme Court allowing officials to use a lethal injection drug that a supplier says was obtained by misleading the company clears the way for Arkansas to proceed to execute Ledell Lee.
7. HOW AARON HERNANDEZ SPENT SOME OF HIS FINAL HOURS
In the time before his suicide in prison, the former NFL star chatted on the phone with his longtime fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez.
8. UC BERKELEY FLIP-FLOPS ON ANN COULTER
University officials propose an alternate May 2 date for the conservative author, reversing a decision from a day earlier when they canceled the event.
9. WHO WILL DONATE BOOK PROCEEDS TO CHARITY
A charitable fund is established to receive the unpaid portion of Ivanka Trump's advance and future royalties from "Women Who Work: Rewriting the Rules for Success."
10. TIGER WOODS HAS 4TH BACK SURGERY
The champion will go through another year without playing a major.