Kanye West ignited speculation Thursday morning that he is releasing new music after tweeting the words, “June Eighteen,” and nothing else.
West, who clearly has a flair for the dramatic, got speculators all riled up over what that date could possibly mean. Is he releasing a new album? Is that the date he and Kim Kardashian’s baby is due? Is it to commemorate the 198th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo?
We came up with 10 reasons why he could have tweeted “June Eighteen,” from least to most likely:
- Kanye is celebrating the first major world event to occur on June 18. In 618, the first ruler of China’s Tang Dynasty, Li Yuang, came into power. The Tangs would rule China for three centuries. That is kind of cool!
- West is commemorating a milestone in America’s war against the British: On that date in 1778, the redcoats gave up on Philadelphia.
- He is preparing to honor the 201st anniversary of the start of the war of 1812.
- Perhaps June 18 is significant for Kanye because it is the date Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly across the Atlantic in 1928.
- Not wanting to follow the sheep who love June 21 for being the longest day of the year, West chose June 18 as his favorite day of the whole year.
- For originality’s sake, Kanye is choosing to celebrate his birthday on June 18, 10 days after his actual birthday. (Come on, that seems like something he would do, right?)
- Kanye West tweeted out “June Eighteen” because he wants us all to speculate the reason why, when really it is completely insignificant.
- It is the date his baby mama, Kim Kardashian, is scheduled to bring life into this world.
- June 18 is the date that he will grace the world with new music.
- June 18 could be a double whammy: It is both the date that Kim and Kanye’s baby is due AND the day he is releasing new music.
- Kanye West tweeted June 18 for none of the reasons above.
Read more stories from The Daily Caller