The 10 highest-paid U.S. CEOs for 2011, according to an Associated Press analysis of Standard & Poor's 500 companies. The analysis includes companies that had the same CEO for all of 2010 and 2011 and that filed proxy statements with the Securities and Exchange Commission between Jan. 1 and April 30.
They are based on the AP's compensation formula, which adds up salary, perks, bonuses, preferential interest rates on pay set aside for later, and company estimates for the value of stock options and stock awards on the day they were granted last year.
1. David Simon, Simon Property Group, $137.2 million, up 458 per cent
2. Leslie Moonves, CBS, $68.4 million, up 20 per cent
3. David M. Zaslav, Discovery Communications, $52.4 million, up 23 per cent
4. Sanjay K. Jha, Motorola Mobility, $47.2 million, up 262 per cent
5. Philippe P. Dauman, Viacom, $43.1 million, down 49 per cent
6. David M. Cote, Honeywell International, $35.7 million, up 135 per cent
7. Robert A. Iger, Walt Disney, $31.4 million, up 12 per cent
8. Clarence P. Cazalot Jr., Marathon Oil, $29.9 million, up 239 per cent
9. John P. Daane, Altera, $29.6, million, up 278 per cent
10. Alan Mulally, Ford Motor, $29.5 million, up 11 per cent