SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — An official says a student who was sickened by a carbon monoxide leak at a remote Utah elementary school and airlifted to a Colorado hospital has been released.
San Juan County spokesman Rick Bailey says the third-grader and one staff member were flown to a Cortez, Colo., hospital after Monday's leak in the community of Montezuma Creek. That's on the Navajo Reservation, about 15 miles west of the Colorado border.
Bailey says the student was released later Monday but doctor were still monitoring the staff member.
Bailey did not have further details on their identities.
Officials say at least 23 other students and adults from the school in southeastern Utah were taken to local medical facilities.