In November, before the release of their latest album I See You, The xx shared a fun, cinematic video for their lead single "On Hold." Now as they prepare for their seven night residency at Brixton Academy that begins tomorrow evening, The xx are back with another new video. This time for their follow-up single "Say Something Loving."
Shooting the visuals in their hometown of London alongside director Alasdair McLellan once again, The xx put a focus on different expressions of affection to pair with the record—simultaneously showing love for their city and frienship. For their next seven tour dates, The xx will celebrate their new music with fans in their hometown, it seems fitting that the visuals they release before they do so would tie into the same theme. “We wanted to celebrate our home town and revisit some of the places that reminds us of our friendship when we were growing up," says The xx.
Watch the video above.
More from Complex
- See All the Upcoming Air Jordan 4s Here
- Quavo Addresses Makonnen Comments: 'I Got a Record With Frank Ocean. That Closes My Case.'
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Is How You Start A Cinematic Universe Right
- So You Wanna Work In Sports? Here's What It Really Takes
- Giancarlo Esposito Initially Didn't Want to Resurrect Gus Fring for 'Better Call Saul'