Authorities have confirmed that Lee “Q” O’Denat died of natural causes.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the medical examiner’s officer revealed obesity and severe buildup of plaque near his heart contributed to the WorldStarHipHop founder’s death. Investigators also discovered the 345-pound man had an enlarged liver as well as fatty liver disease. Though tests confirmed marijuana use, no other drugs or alcohol were found in his system.
O’Denat, known in the industry as “Q,” died unexpectedly on Jan. 23, 2017 at a massage parlor in San Diego. After completing a 30-minute massage, a masseuse left the room to give O’Denat some time to change. When she returned minutes later, she found the 43-year-old slumped against a wall, unresponsive.
According to the L.A. Times, paramedics arrived at the parlor and performed CPR in an attempt to revive O’Denat; however, he was later pronounced dead at the scene.
- WorldStarHipHop Founder Lee "Q" O'Denat Dead at 43
- How WorldStarHipHop Changed the Internet Forever
- Quote of The Day: WorldStarHipHop's Founder Compares Himself To "Black Jesus"
- 2 Chainz, T.I., Juicy J, and More React to the Death of WorldStarHipHop Founder Lee "Q" O'Denat
More from Complex
- D.R.A.M. and Lil Yachty Stormed Through a Medley of Hits Last Night at the MTV Woodies
- Best Songs of the Week
- Ice Cube Breaks Down 'Hip Hop Squares' and Juelz Santana Performs With Dave East on Complex Live
- Chance the Rapper Clarifies His 'Coloring Book' Deal With Apple Music
- Is There Any Truth to the Wild Twitter Theory That DJ Khaled's 'They' Is Birdman?