Last month when Stormzy stopped by the BBC 1Xtra Live Lounge, he delivered a special performance of Kanye West's "Ultralight Beam." However, one performance in the Live Lounge wasn't nearly enough for someone celebrating their debut album reaching No. 1 on the charts.
During a full Live Lounge special, Stormzy performed three tracks from his debut album Gang Signs & Prayer, as well as another special cover. For this intimate performance, Stormzy did renditions of "Blinded By Your Grace," "21 Gun Salute," and "Bad Boys." To make each performance complete, Stormzy invited the featured artists on each track to join him—including MNEK, Wretch 32, Ghetts, and J Hus.
Stormzy's BBC 1Xtra Live Lounge special was closed out with a special cover of Frank Ocean's "Godspeed," taken from his recent Blonde album. After some high-energy in-house performances of tracks from his own album, Stormzy takes a seat to put his singing voice to good use. Previously, many of us only knew Stormzy for hard-hitting bars, but the release of his album has shown the versatility of his sound—making this "Godspeed" cover seem a bit less surpising.
Watch the full performance above, or skip to the Frank Ocean cover at the 11:33 mark.
More from Complex
- Pharrell Is Turning His Life Story Into a Musical
- Rachel Dolezal in New Interview: 'Nothing About Whiteness Describes Me'
- Romeo Miller Said He Would Be 'The LeBron of This Day' If He Had His Dad's Height
- The Next Wave of the Nike Air VaporMax
- Rihanna's 'Bates Motel' Shower Scene Flips the Script on Classic Marion Crane Role