Last week, Portland witnessed the first live performance of "Portland," after Travis Scott brought out Drake at his concert. On Saturday, there was another first, as Solange debuted her brand new live show as part of a headlining performance at Soul'd Out festival.
The show took place at the grandiose Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, and Solange's stage setup was a perfect fit for a venue that normally hosts orchestras. The new show sees Solange, her band, and her singers dressed all in red, performing in front of a red backdrop that occasionally changes to include some blue—a similar look to her stunning Jimmy Fallon performance, but on a much larger scale. Solange explained, at one point, that she'd been working for a long time on this ambitious new show, and the choreographed movements of her and the band were perfectly in-sync throughout.
Solange performed A Seat at the Table highlights like "Cranes In The Sky," "Mad," "Don't Touch My Hair," and "F.U.B.U." (which she came into the crowd for), as well as older songs like 2012's "Losing You." Solange will perform at select events and festivals this summer—see her dates here, and if you're lucky enough to get the chance to see her, take it. Check out social media videos of her new live show below.
Markies™ ( @AFROhoganY) April 23, 2017
Shareefah Hoover ( @shareefahtoday) April 22, 2017
Solange performing Mad in Portland. Brilliant. pic.twitter.com/LH5cwTuSGZ— Constant Gardner ( @TheConstant_G) April 23, 2017
More from Complex
- Lil Uzi Vert's "XO Tour Llif3" Finally Gets the Perfect Violin Cover It Deserves
- Kobe Bryant Discusses His New Obsession After Basketball: The Art of Storytelling
- Kendrick Lamar's Entire 'DAMN.' Album Has Charted on Billboard's Hot 100
- Premiere: Manolo Rose Links With French Montana and PnB Rock for "Never Gave a F*ck" (Prod. by Maaly Raw)
- Steph Curry Is in the NBA’s Sunken Place