Sampha fans had been patiently awaiting the arrival of his debut album Process for quite some time. Last month when it was finally released, it was immediately clear that this album was absolutely well worth the long wait. As we continue to enjoy the blend of pain and joy that went into the making of Process, Sampha returns today with a short film by the same name to accompany the album.
For his short film, Sampha teamed up with director Kahlil Joseph—who co-directed Beyoncé's incredible visual album Lemonade last year. Running just over a half hour long, the Apple Music-exclusive short film is breathtaking to say the least. Process is a heartfelt love letter to Sampha's late mother, and these beautiful new visuals allow us to see his lyrics lifted from the pages and brought to life.
Earlier today, Sampha shared the film with a short note on his Facebook page that read:
It’s been a genuine pleasure to work with Kahlil and his whole team. They’ve been so humble and sensitive with me in creating this film. I’m really proud of it and happy it’s being shared.
Thank-you to Apple Music and everyone at Young Turks and Pulse Films who have pushed for this and believed in it enough to make it happen.
Watch a preview of Process below, and the full film via Apple Music.
More from Complex
- Le’Veon Bell Confirms His Threat to Sit Out the Year Was an April Fools' Joke
- Twitter Drags Donald Trump After He Declares April 'National Sexual Assaults Awareness and Prevention Month'
- Migos’ Offset Blasts XXXTentacion for Claiming Drake Stole His Flow
- Kanye West Fans Are Asking Why 'The Life of Pablo' Is Currently Missing on Spotify
- Tom Brady Spent April Fools' Trolling a 'Fake News' Headline Claiming He Lost the Super Bowl