New York-based singer and songwriter Nick Hakim stunned us in 2014 with Where Will We Go Pt. 1 and Where Will We Go Pt. 2, two EPs full of timeless songwriting and intimate, sometimes heart wrenching lyrics.
This year, Hakim is back with his debut album, Green Twins, which is out on May 19 via ATO Records. Fans of the EPs will be satisfied with the record, which keeps much of the lo-fi charm of his earlier work, but is ambitious in its variety of moods, vocal deliveries, and song structures.
Today, Nick Hakim is sharing the video for "Bet She Looks Like You," directed by Terence Nance, and it's an abstract but powerful experience. There's lots of green, a strange nativity scene, and even moments of animation mixed in with the single camera shots. "It's a music video that illustrates the scientific fact that god looks like Naima," Hakim says. "Terence and I have been working together for a while now, we’ve made some music too, he’s like a brother."
Continue Reading On PigeonsandPlanes
More from PigeonsandPlanes
- Watch Nick Hakim's Surprising Video for "Bet She Looks Like You"
- Kodak Black Settles Lawsuit Against Florida Record Label That Signed Him at 16
- Listen to Blank Body's Colorful 'Isolator' EP
- Drake Cancels Amsterdam Show Due to Illness
- Watch Joey Badass Freestyle Over "All I Want Is You" by Miguel f/ J. Cole