Lorde is the musical guest on tonight’s episode of SNL.
Just a few days before, the New Zealander confirmed the release of her highly anticipated sophomore album, Melodrama, will be out June 16. She shared another single from the project—a follow-up to “Green Light”—called “Liability.”
Lorde ( @lorde) March 9, 2017
On SNL, she performed an invigorating take on "Green Light" and “Liability" with special guest Jack Antonoff.
The 20-year-old singer-songwriter is best known for her global smash “Royals,” setting a record as the first female artist to top Billboard’s alternative chart in 17 years in 2013. She truly arrived as a pop powerhouse with her debut album, Pure Heroine, that showed her range in songs like “Tennis Court,” “Team,” and “Glory and Gore.”
This marks Lorde’s second time on SNL. In 2015, she performed with Disclosure and Sam Smith to perform “Magnets” and “Omen” respectively. Watch her latest performance of "Green Light" above, and "Liability" below.
- Lorde Returns With Her New Single and Video for "Green Light"
- Lorde Shares New Ballad "Liability," Reveals Release Date for 'Melodrama'
- Album Stream: Lorde "Pure Heroine"
More from Complex
- PROMO: TNT Transforms SXSW into a SoCal Beach, 'Animal Kingdom' Style
- Chance the Rapper Reveals He 'Might Actually Sell' His Debut Album
- Michelle Obama Gives 'Black-ish' Star Yara Shahidi's College Career a Boost in a Major Way
- Derrick Rose Praises Chance the Rapper for Making a Difference in Chicago
- The Rumored Supreme x Lacoste Collaboration Is Really Happening