When it comes to his videos, Kevin Abstract always knows how to provide an striking visuals. With the self-directed video for "Runner," which acts a sequel to his cinematic "Empty" video, Kevin delivers once again. Hanging out with his friends, Kevin's Helmet Boy character is the victim of a horrible and sudden accident. The video starts pretty dark before lightening slightly, and then diving right back into the darkness once again.
Thematically speaking, this might be his most ambitious video yet. Things get especially inventive when the second song, "Blink," starts playing. Taped to the back of a van, the video toys with symbolism a little more than his previous videos have. It's not clear if this is the end of Helmet Boy or not, but we're very excited to see what Kevin does with his next video if this one is anything to go by.
Watch the video for "Runner" above, and check out Kevin's remaining tour dates below.
Kevin Abstract Tour Dates:
3/3 - Chicago, IL - Subterranean
3/4 - Detroit, MI - El Club
3/5 - Toronto, ON - The Rivoli
3/7 - Cambridge, MA - Middle East Upstairs
3/8 - Philadelphia, PA - Voltage Lounge
3/9 - Washington, DC - Songbyrd DC
3/10 - New York, NY - Studio at Webster Hall
3/12 - Atlanta, GA - Aisle 5
3/14 - Houston, TX - House of Blues
3/16 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues
3/21 - Denver, CO - Larimer Lounge
3/25 - West Hollywood, CA - The Roxy Theatre
5/6 - Washington, D.C. - Broccoli City Festival
6/18 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival
More from Complex
- U.S. Soccer Creates Rule Mandating Players Stand for National Anthem
- Donald Trump 'Went Ballistic' on Senior Staffers in Heated White House Meeting
- Isaiah Thomas Says Phoenix Suns 'Gave Me a Christmas Gift' Trading Him to Boston Celtics
- Mark Cuban Won't Rule Out 2020 Presidential Run Against Donald Trump
- Top Linebacker Prospect Got Kicked Out of NFL Combine After Allegedly Threatening Hospital Worker