Jessie Reyez is a star. The Toronto-based singer and songwriter grabbed our attention from the very first play of her debut single "Figures," and we were delighted to have her be part of our No Ceilings show at SXSW 2017. She won over the whole crowd from her very first song, and had the room packed with a star-making performance that those who were there will be talking about fondly in a few years when Jessie is a superstar selling out huge venues.
Earlier in the day, however, Jessie Reyez came through the Airpnp for a much more intimate performance. As the sun was setting, Jessie pulled out her guitar and played her latest single "Shutter Island." It was perfect.
Look out for Jessie's debut EP, coming soon, and check out the rest of our SXSW videos here.
More from Complex
- #LifeAtComplex: Editors Break Down Kendrick Lamar's "The Heart Part 4"
- Even Republican Christian Moms in Texas Are Fighting for Medical Weed
- Future Performs Medley of Hits During DJ Snake's Headlining Ultra Music Festival Set
- Where Will Kendrick Lamar’s Next Studio Album Take Us?
- Air Jordan Release Raises Money for Flint Water Crisis