“The Walking Dead” finally introduced Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) in the Season 6 finale, and in doing so managed to piss off their entire fan base.
Negan used his trusty barbed wire baseball bat, Lucille, to beat someone to death, but viewers weren’t able to tell who, causing a tidal wave of angry reactions online.
“At least people who haven’t seen the episode yet don’t have to worry about spoilers since there’s actually nothing to spoil,” one fan wrote back in April.
Read some of our favorite angry reactions ahead of the Season 7 premiere on Oct. 23.
At least people who haven’t seen the episode yet don’t have to worry about spoilers since there’s actually nothing to spoil #TWDFinale
- Science Major Joe (@j_mac61) April 4, 2016
Dude, how are they gunna film S7 of TWD when they killed the camera guy? #TWDFinale
- Criminal Lobster (@The_Nick_Pugh) April 4, 2016
There is a time and a place for cliffhangers and THAT WAS NOT IT. #TWDFinale
- Anna Hayworth (@ARHpm06) April 4, 2016
how are they going to promote next season?! trailers with no characters in them?! #TWDFinale
- Albertine. (@albertinerabbit) April 4, 2016
- adrianna (@amonstergd) April 4, 2016
Seems like the writers failed, because this cliffhanger didn’t leave me curious about S7, it just made me angry. #TWDFinale
- Carina(@RiniNukekubi) April 4, 2016
- candy ️ (@_CyberCandy_) April 4, 2016
- Ella Ho (@ellamayho) April 4, 2016
- Robin (@rob0349) April 4, 2016
One of the best scenes of TWD, and they ruined it by adding the cliffhanger #TWDFinale
- Lou (@BookishTribute) April 4, 2016
90 whole mins and no one died? it was just them mostly driving around i hate this the cliffhanger was stupid #TWDFinale
- hannah •daryl lives• (@rememberhowell) April 4, 2016
#TWDFinale, such an excellent build up to an excellent let down.
- Mike Porter (@mersher1) April 4, 2016
Related stories from TheWrap: