Drake took over Beats 1 for a very special edition of his OVO Sound Radio broadcast; tonight was the night that the world got a chance to hear More Life, the playlist he's been dropping hints about since October of 2016. Many were amazed by the robust collection of tracks, featuring the likes of Sampha, Jorja Smith, Skepta, Giggs, and more, and while the different moods and features have had Twitter going ballistic, there was one particularly intriguing trend people hopped on.
Press play on More Life track 11, aka "Portland," the CuBeatz and Murda-produced gem featuring Migos' Quavo and Travis Scott. There's a beautiful little flute loop on that beat and, for some reason, Twitter had a field day showcasing their feels when hearing that flute.
Views from the studio during "Portland" recording: pic.twitter.com/aimwZs1YeA— Gregory Babcock (@GOBabcock) March 18, 2017
flutes on that track were tewwww N64 pic.twitter.com/Ph5wz5BTvr— Hola Forgito (@djforge) March 18, 2017
Is there a flute wave going on right now? Mans should remember that the flute-laced "Mask Off" from Future's FUTURE helped soothe the soul of the realest baby alive. Could we be seeing more producers finding ways to shake up their tracks by adding some little flutes to the mix? We hope so. Either way, More Life, all 2017.
- Drake Premieres 'More Life' on OVO Sound Radio
- Drake Celebrates 'More Life' Release With a Brand New Tattoo
- Drake's 'More Life' Will Reportedly Not Be an Apple Music Exclusive
More from Complex
- Robots Will Deliver Your Food in the Near Future—Here’s What They’ll Look Like
- Watch Natalie Portman Star in the Video for James Blake's "My Willing Heart"
- Duke Haters Will Never Get Tired of Seeing the Blue Devils Lose in the NCAA Tournament
- Denzel Curry and Twelve'Len Jump on Remix of Little Dragon's "High"
- Check Out NoMBe's Soulful New Single "Freak Like Me"