Too Short is vehemently denying claims he was involved in a recent sexual assault after the allegations he was being investigated in a rape case surfaced Friday via TMZ.
On March 3, the entertainment tabloid site reported Too Short was a suspect in a rape case reported by his former protégée.
“Law enforcement tells us, the woman claims on November 1 she was at an L.A. residence with the rapper when he allegedly sexually attacked her,” the TMZ report read. “She told cops she’s a virgin and made a point of saying her provocative videos in no way should suggest she gave any form of consent.”
Too Short released the following statement in response:
“Today, I read that I am being investigated for allegedly committing sexual assault. The allegations against me are completely false. Let me be clear, I have NEVER had nonconsensual sex with anyone, ever. I have directed my lawyers to vigorously combat these ridiculous claims. I have not been contacted by the LAPD about this matter and doubt I ever will be. If I am, I will direct my lawyers to fully cooperate and turn over 100’s of text messages and other evidence that will prove this woman is falsely accusing me. Thanks for your support.”
It should be noted that while TMZ’s original report used the word suspect, both TMZ and Too Short stated there has been no contact with any law enforcement officials regarding the matter.
- Too Short Denies Drug Charge
- Too Short Arrested for DUI
- Watch and Listen to Too $hort Rap About Hanukkah
More from Complex
- Slain Rapper Bankroll Fresh's Debut Album Finally Has a Release Date
- U.S. Soccer Creates Rule Mandating Players Stand for National Anthem
- Donald Trump 'Went Ballistic' on Senior Staffers in Heated White House Meeting
- Isaiah Thomas Says Phoenix Suns 'Gave Me a Christmas Gift' Trading Him to Boston Celtics
- Mark Cuban Won't Rule Out 2020 Presidential Run Against Donald Trump