After much anticipation and hints of a February release, Drake has finally shared his new playlist, More Life, on OVO Sound Radio.
Drake shared a message on More Life in an editor's note on Apple Music:
Following his Grammy-nominated album Views that was released last April, Drake hinted that he’s been working on new music several times during his Summer Sixteen tour. He told his fans that he was six or seven songs into his next project and added he was in the studio every night. What's more, he likes to keep his circle close with frequent producers London on da Track, Boi-1da, Vinylz, Murda Beatz, Nineteen85, and Noah “40” Shebib all sending him beat packs.
On Drake’s 30th birthday, he made the special announcement of More Life, premiering three tracks from the project: “Two Birds, One Stone,” “Sneakin’” featuring 21 Savage, and “Fake Love.” In his explanation of More Life, he said:
“I’m off like mixtapes, I want to do a playlist. I want to give you a collection of songs that become the soundtrack to your life, so this More Life: The Playlist. Like I said, dropping in December. All original music from me. You might hear some tunes from the family on there. Just really excited. I had a great tour, I had a great summer. And most people would like go probably take a break, but for me I just want to get right back to it. Be with the people again.”
On “Two Birds, One Stone,” Drake fired subliminal shots at Kid Cudi and Pusha T, causing Cudi to clap back with a confrontational response on Twitter. Though Drake kept details about More Life to a minimum, you can probably guess he’ll continue to boast about his status and address the rap game at large, as well as throw in a few more surprises in terms of who he’ll feature on the playlist.
Drake shared some previews of new songs during his Boy Meets World Tour. A few of them feature grime MC Giggs, which revealed that he’s working with BBK affiliates and opens up the possibility of collabs with more British artists.
Lastly, there’s speculation that More Life will fulfill his five-album deal with Cash Money. If that’s the case, Drake could very well be a free agent in 2017 and have the ability to release his joint album with Kanye West if he chooses to do so.
But for now, enjoy the latest Drake drop. Listen to More Life at Apple Music or Steam on Spotify. Tracklist is below.
1. "Free Smoke"
2. "No Long Talk" (feat. Giggs)
4. "Jorja Interlude"
5. "Get It Together" (feat. Black Coffee and Jorja Smith)
6. "Madiba Riddim"
8. "4422" (feat. Sampha)
10. "Skepta Interlude"
11. "Portland" (feat. Quavo and Travis Scott)
12. "Sacrifices" (feat. 2 Chainz and Young Thug)
13. "Nothings Into Somethings"
14. "Teenage Fever"
15. "KMT" (feat. Giggs)
16. "Lose You"
17. "Can't Have Everything"
18. "Glow" (feat. Kanye West)
19. "Since Way Back" (feat. Partynextdoor)
20. "Fake Love"
21. "Ice Melts" (feat. Young Thug)
22. "Do Not Disturb"
- Drake Announces New Project 'More Life'
- Drake Debuts New Music During Birthday OVO Sound Episode
- Future and Drake Unite Once Again on "Used to This"
More from Complex
- Denzel Curry and Twelve'Len Jump on Remix of Little Dragon's "High"
- Check Out NoMBe's Soulful New Single "Freak Like Me"
- Emily Ratajkowski Bares All for the 'Gram During Vacation in Mexico
- Watch Ta'East, Phresher, and Trapo Perform in Pigeons & Planes' Yard at SXSW
- #LifeAtComplex: Here's a Closer Look at the Kaws x Air Jordan 4