It’s been a little over the year since Kanye West launched Desiigner into the spotlight by sampling “Panda” on The Life of Pablo. Since then, the Brooklyn rapper known for his eerie similarities to Future has become a well-cemented figure in the hip-hop community on his own merit. And yes, he’s still only 19.
The rapper's mixtape New English reached No. 8 on the U.S. rap charts, and he cleaned up at award shows in 2016, even winning a Grammy. Desiigner has a tour launching next weekend, too: the Outlet Tour, which begins April 2 in Seattle. Big things.
Ahead of his tour, Desiigner has released a new track, “Holy Ghost.” You can stream it below.
It’s a catchy song with a smooth-flowing chorus that bears the exact Desiigner-version-of-trap sound that fans have come to know and love.
In “Holy Ghost,” Desiigner shouts out Drake’s new project More Life, professes his desire for Rihanna, and pays tribute to the late fighter Kimbo Slice.
Desiigner’s debut album, The Life of Desiigner, is coming soon.
- Sneaker Shopping With Desiigner
- Desiigner Delivers Another Wild Freestyle, Reveals His Debut Album Title
- Is Brooklyn Rapper Desiigner the Newest Member of G.O.O.D Music?
More from Complex
- So What Is Kendrick Lamar Actually Dropping on April 7?
- Racist Killer Who Stabbed Timothy Caughman to Death Wishes He Had Killed 'A Young Thug' Instead
- Guy Doing Handstand Push-Ups on Stack of Dumbbells and Other Super-Dangerous Gym Stunts
- Drake Cancels Amsterdam Show Due to Illness
- Meet the 24-Year-Old Mogul Who Made Muslim Women’s Day a Viral Sensation