Jessica Lee Star/Digital Trends
Black Friday is almost here, and smartphones are seeing quite a number of price cuts from carriers and manufacturers alike. The following list doesn’t include every deal carriers, manufacturers, and retailers plan to offer, but we’ve rounded up some of the best so you’ll prepared for the big day. Here’s what we’ve found.
From the carriers
- You can nab the 32GB model of the Google Pixel for a mere $10 month for 24 months, or $240. The 128GB variant will cost you $15 a month for 24 months, or $360. You have to purchase the device at full price ($650), though, and the discount will come in the form of bill credits for the next 24 months. This deal will run on November 24 and 25.
- If the Pixel isn’t your style, Verizon is also offering a $200 discount on any Android smartphone that costs $400 or more when you switch from another carrier, or if you add a new line on an existing account. If you’re already on Verizon and have an upgrade available, you can get $100 off any Android phone that’s priced $400 or higher. These two deals will run from November 24 until the 27.
AT&T hasn’t exactly revealed its deals yet, but there are plenty available on the company’s website already.
- You can get a free Gear VR when you purchase a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge on an installment plan.
- You can also get a new Gear S3 for $50, with a two-year service plan, if you purchase any Samsung Galaxy smartphone on an installment plan.
- If you’re eyeing last year’s Galaxy S6, AT&T is offering a $200 Visa reward card when you purchase the device on an installment plan. These deals have been available for some time.
You can also peruse the carrier’s website for similar deals, but AT&T hasn’t announced anything special for Black Friday yet. Check its website on the big day, and in the meantime, check out our Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge reviews.
T-Mobile’s is currently highlighting its trade-in deal for Black Friday.
- If you trade in a device such as an iPhone 6S or a Samsung Galaxy S6, and you’re on the T-Mobile One or Simple Choice Unlimited plan, you can get an iPhone 7, 7 Plus, LG V20, or Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge for free. If you have an older device, you can still trade it in and get one of the three phones at a reduced price. For example, you can trade in a Galaxy S5 to get the V20 for $200, or you can trade in an iPhone 5 to get the iPhone 7 for $350. The discounts come in the form of bill credits that will be dolled out over the course of 24 months.
Sprint started early with some of its deals.
- If you buy a Samsung Galaxy S7, you can get a second one for free. The cost for the second one will be subtracted from your monthly bill credit.
- The carrier is also slashing the price of new HTC Bolt in half, but only on November 24 and 25.
- If you happen to nab an LG V20, you can get a 43-inch LG 4K UHD Smart LED TV for free, which typically costs $450. If you’re eyeing an LG G5, Sprint is also offering a LG 32-inch LED HD Smart TV for free, which normally retails for $200.
You can check out all of Cricket’s deals here.
- Cricket is drastically lowering the price of the new ZTE Grand X 4 for Black Friday — which is exclusive to the carrier and normally retails for $130 — to $50. This deal will only run from November 23 until the 27.
From manufacturers and retailers
Amazon is cutting the price of several Sony Xperia devices by $50.
- Sony’s Xperia XA, Xperia XZ, Xperia X Performance, and Xperia X are all seeing a $50 price drop. You can read our Sony Xperia X review here.
Walmart and Target
- If you buy any Apple or Samsung smartphone from Walmart on a Verizon or AT&T installment plan, you’ll get a $250 Walmart gift card. The Samsung Galaxy J3 is excluded from this deal.
- If you buy an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus on a Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint installment plan at Target, you’ll get a $250 Target gift card.
- If you do the same but opt for a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge, you’ll not only get a $250 Target gift card, but also a Gear VR.
Best Buy’s offerings are similar to other brick-and-mortar stores. You can check all of Best Buy’s deals here.
- If you buy a Moto Z Droid on a Verizon installment plan, you’ll only have to pay $10 a month for 24 months, or $240.
- Buying an LG G5 on a Sprint or Verizon installment plan will net you a $300 gift card to Best Buy.
- If you buy Samsung’s Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge on a Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint installment plan, you’ll also get a $250 gift card and a Gear VR.
- You’ll get the same deal for Apple’s iPhone 7 or 7 Plus. If you buy the 256GB model of either device on a Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint installment plan, you’ll get a $250 gift card to Best Buy. It’s only a $100 gift card with the 32GB and 128GB models, however.
While Apple typically doesn’t go all out on Black Friday, the company’s website is teasing a sale, with a picture of an Apple Watch. You’ll have to check the website on Black Friday to see what the company has to offer.
There’s not a lot of information on whether Google will offer deals on many of its products, especially now that it has so many hardware devices to choose from. We do know that Google is cutting the price of Google Home, from $130 to $99, for Black Friday. Checkon the Google Store to see if there are more deals, perhaps on the Pixels or previous Nexus phones, when Black Friday and Cyber Monday roll around.
HTC has a few deals for its current device lineup.
- The HTC 10 will get a small price cut, bringing it down to $500 from $540. This deal will end at 12 a.m. ET on November 29.
- The HTC One M9 — a 2015 flagship — is getting a $80 price cut, and will set you back $300.
- The HTC One A9 will go down from $320 to $275.
Motorola’s deals all involve the Moto Mods for the Moto Z lineup.
- You can get a Moto Z Droid on Verizon, with the Hasselblad True Zoom mod or the Moto Insta-Share Projector mod, for $674. It normally costs $924.
- The Moto Z Force Droid on Verizon also comes with the same mod choice, but each pairing will cost $770 instead of the usual $1,020.
- The lower-tier Moto Z Play Droid on Verizon also gives you the aforementioned mod choices, but it will cost less ($458).
- If you’re not on Verizon, you can get the Moto Z on AT&T and T-Mobile for $750, with either the Hasselblad True Zoom mod or the Moto Insta-Share Projector mod.
- The same applies for the Moto Z Play on AT&T and T-Mobile, though it will cost $500 with either of the two mods.
Most of LG’s deals are only accessible through the major U.S. carriers.
- But you can get an unlocked LG G4 from the company for $330. It’s the model with the leather back, which comes with a 32GB SD card and a leather cover.
You can check out our LG G4 review here.
Huawei is cutting the price of the Honor 8 from November 25 through the 28.
- You can grab an Honor 8 for only $300 — a $100 price cut — from Best Buy, Amazon, Newegg, and B&H. Check out our review here.
ZTE is bringing small price cuts to the Axon 7 and Axon 7 Mini.
- The ZTE Axon 7 usually costs $400, but you can buy it for $350 until November 29. It also comes with a Co-Mold Protective Case, which typically costs $25.
- The ZTE Axon 7 Mini is getting the same treatment — it now costs $250 instead of $300. It also comes with the same case.
We’ve got all the important details about ZTE’s Axon 7 in our review.
LeEco is having quite a few deals over at the LeMall web store. The offers begin on November 25.
- The Le Pro 3 will cost $300, instead of $400, with an instant rebate.
- The Le S3 will cost $150 thanks to a similar rebate offer. We can’t check the exact details of these deals, however, until the site unlocks them on Friday.
Read our review for the Le Pro 3 here.
BlackBerry says you can save up to 53 percent on its devices on Black Friday. The best ones seem to be for the DTEK50 and the Priv.
- BlackBerry’s Priv will cost $300, which is $50 less than its current price.
- The relatively-new DTEK50 will cost $230, which is $70 off the regular price.