Orbital Spin Festival Sets Into Nocturnal Mix for Rolling Stone – Premiere
Back in April, Paul and Phil Hartnoll dusted off their decks to release Wonky, Orbital's first album in eight years, and the duo recently played their first two U.S. festivals to launch a run of West Coast dates. Inspired by their Beyond Wonderland and Nocturnal Wonderland sets, Phil put together this Orbital Nocturnal Mix exclusively for Rolling Stone, featuring fellow acts like Dirty South, EDX, Daedelus, Fedde Le Grand and more.
"The lineup for these festivals/raves/partys/blow outs are so extensive I could have made a mix that lasted weeks rather than 30 minutes," says Phil Hartnoll. "I went though the lineups and checked out the artists to see what they were up to which made it a nightmare to choose but had the side effect of a greater excitement in coming back to play in the U.S.A. Very happy that Orbital are back – didn’t see that one coming."
Here's the full tracklist:
1) "New France" (Tom Middleton Mix) – Orbital
2) "The Creeps" (Fedde Le Grand Mix) – Camille Jones and Fedde Le Grand
3) "Minority" – Dirty South
3.5) "Spring" – Daedelus
4) "Phat Planet" (Mark Knight Mix) – Leftfield
5) "Thrive" – EDX
6) "Hypocrisy" (John Digweed and Nick Muir remix) – Abe Duque
7) "Where Is It Going" (Steve Mac and Phil Hartnoll remix) – Orbital
Listen to Orbital's Nocturnal Mix